HeartBreak Syndrome

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by HairyTXdude, Feb 23, 2009.

1. HairyTXdude

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So for the past month I have been like constantly sick ,lethargy stomach aches mood swings weight loss, my docs have come to the conclusion it is heart break syndrome... I'm still in love with my ex...We broke up back in May and we decided to remain friends, cause the convos and such is really good but we took our time seeing as the feelings were still there.. recently (within the past month or 2) we started talking again...and all my feeling instantly came back! Its killing me.....I don't want to stop being friends with him my last ex I had to do that cause the feelings would leave and she was my best friend..and now we can even talk to each other..its weird and cause anger.... i dunno wat to do...

2. JamieBoy

JamieBoy New Member

It's like removing a band-aid. Rip or peel.

I suggest walking away and never looking back - but we all know you're not going to do that. In time, (that's called experience), you will say to yourself "@#$%%% I could've been over the hill & far away by now!!!"

Enjoy - It's called life.

3. txquis

Gold Member

This is something I have a lot of experience with.
    I tried to stay friends with my ex for a few years...and because I still cared...it killed me.
    I experienced all sorts of stress related illnesses and miseries during this time.

I applaud the people who can change their relationship/go back to before/ whatever you want to call it.
    I couldn't take it.
    And, once we broke off completely and I really moved on in my mind....my body healed, too.

Best of luck.

4. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    hey Hairy -
    sorry to hear this.
    having feelings for an
    ex is difficult. the only
    thing i can say is that
    it takes time. you will be
    able to move on and feel
    better and not be so upset
    when you talk to your ex. i am
    sorry this sucks for you.

5. scruffylookin

scruffylookin Member

Albums:
    Hey Hairy, I broke up with my ex last April as well and although we tried to remain friends and Im still in love, it really cant work if the other person just isnt in to you. Its almost like S&M torture of the heart. The experience is like being a teenager with the whole expectaion of calls etc: bottom line if the other person has moved on, its not likely they will remain interested, its a hard lesson to learn. It doesnt mean you love them less, its just realizing that no matter what you feel the other person isnt reciprocating on any level.

Yup it stings but the best thing to do is lean on friends, get into a normal routine, go and experience other things like see more movies or read more books ( NOT ROMANCE NOVELS) or just get involved in volunteering. Just get out of the house and keep active. It just takes time...unfortunately, theres no cure for a broken heart.

All the best - G

6. LongandBigSub

LongandBigSub New Member

Stop playing the victim, and be a bitch for once, and claim your
    inner power. You hate being dumped, and you deserve better shit
    than someone that comes and goes.

STOP TELLING THE SAME STORY ABOUT YOUR EX, AND START TELLING
    ANOTHER STORY THAT YOU DESERVE BETTER SHIT IN LIFE THAN THIS SHIT.

HAVE A "FUCK YOU" ATTITUDE THAT YOU'RE TIRED OF THIS SHIT.

Your ex ain't the only thing on the buffet. There are other
    men out there. You just got to stop sampling the old one; it just
    doesn't taste good anymore. Try the other many things on the buffet
    to eat; there are so many other beautiful men to taste out there.

7. HairyTXdude

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The ex that I'mv upset when i talk to her...it will be 6 yrs on march 10th....

8. HairyTXdude

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Lol my friends are all taken..and I've never noticed till recently how many Romance novels or XXX novels I own till now...basically only ones thats arnt is Harry Potter X_X

Draft saved Draft deleted