Heartbreaking Pictures of Executions

uniqueusername

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The crime for which the two were punished was child rape, not "gayness".:cool:

I suppose it made no difference that the victim was also male? If I recall correctly, women are frequently abused and raped in that country, even at a young age, and the law doesn't do a whole heck of a lot about it.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You are an apologist, every tyrant, from Hitler, to Stalin, to Mao and Pol Pot, has had them. Unfortunately you are also wrong with the facts, the teens in Iran engaged in consensual sex and in the US there's no death penalty for rape of any kind.

Sure... no law. But just because the USA doesn't have a law doesn't mean that it doesn't happen on our own shores. In some cases, like as the unfortunate Latino brothers who were attacked in New York earlier this year, the attackers merely THOUGHT they were gay.

So yeah... I guess having no law makes us better, right? :rolleyes:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Death Penalty for Juveniles

"There are currently 19 states that allow the execution of 16 and 17 year olds for the commission of capital crimes and 73 people are currently on death row for crimes they committed when they were that age. The U.S. Supreme Court has already banned the executions of 15 year olds and fewer states now allow execution for all juveniles since that 1988 ruling."

I'm not playing us and them, all countries who exercise the death penalty are barbaric IMO.

Death Penalty for Juveniles

"There are currently 19 states that allow the execution of 16 and 17 year olds for the commission of capital crimes and 73 people are currently on death row for crimes they committed when they were that age. The U.S. Supreme Court has already banned the executions of 15 year olds and fewer states now allow execution for all juveniles since that 1988 ruling."

I'm not playing us and them, all countries who exercise the death penalty are barbaric IMO.

For once, I agree with you. I think the death penalty is atrocious. Are there people who deserve it? Yes. Do I trust the government with the power of life and death? Hell no. No government should have the ability or authority to kill its own people under any circumstance. I also don't believe that answering death with death does anything more than create more death.

This is really tough for me because I'd love to see Osama bin Laden and his cohorts dead dead and more dead. It takes a lot of effort to temper my desire for vengeance with reason.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
These guys may have been hanged, but they were definitely not flogged before they were hanged, unless it was within a time frame that would have allowed them to heal up before the hanging. Two hundred twenty eight lashes is about three times what it would take to kill most people.

B_kewlhandle

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sure... no law. But just because the USA doesn't have a law doesn't mean that it doesn't happen on our own shores. In some cases, like as the unfortunate Latino brothers who were attacked in New York earlier this year, the attackers merely THOUGHT they were gay.

So yeah... I guess having no law makes us better, right? :rolleyes:

Listen turd, I know your little brain can't comprehend the difference, but the example you are giving bears no comparison to what happened in Iran. In Iran it was the state that executed the teens for being gay, the example you are posting is street criminals attacking someone. This country has laws that punish such acts of hate. The guys that killed Mathew Shepard were caught, tried, convicted and jailed. That's the difference between this country and Iran.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Listen turd, I know your little brain can't comprehend the difference

I most certainly do. Apparently, you have a problem with dealing with sarcasm and the ability of reading between the lines. But go on...

but the example you are giving bears no comparison to what happened in Iran.

More proof that you didn't get it. :rolleyes:

In Iran it was the state that executed the teens for being gay, the example you are posting is street criminals attacking someone. This country has laws that punish such acts of hate. The guys that killed Mathew Shepard were caught, tried, convicted and jailed. That's the difference between this country and Iran.

OK, let's try this again, only this time please take off those hyper-patriotic blinders of yours. Despite the fact that the United States of America punishes those who commit certain hate crimes where Iran may condone them, it doesn't stop anyone from our shores from doing them. More than 1400 offenses affecting close to 1500 people happened in 2007 alone with the number of offenses growing as much as 8% between 2005 & 2006. Table 1 - Hate Crime Statistics 2007

Many hate crime offenders don't see or get any fines or jail time for their offenses. In fact, there's legislation being promoted from the conservative base to eliminate sexual orientation out of the stipulations of Hate Crimes altogether. So you can sit here and try to make this comparison between two countries in a sad attempt to make ours look better than others, but the reality is our government hasn't done much to help out or support the gay & lesbian communities in recent memory. You're essentially blaming Iran for serving brownies made out of manure, when the United States is serving them with laxatives as chocolate chips. Both of them still suck even if one of them is more edible than the other.

I'm not defending Iran or trying to discredit our own nation. Just looking at it from a gay man's point of view, which is something I think you don't know how to do at all.

I take it you're a straight male, yes?

uniqueusername

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
OK, let's try this again, only this time please take off those hyper-patriotic blinders of yours. Despite the fact that the United States of America punishes those who commit certain hate crimes where Iran may condone them, it doesn't stop anyone from our shores from doing them. More than 1400 offenses affecting close to 1500 people happened in 2007 alone with the number of offenses growing as much as 8% between 2005 & 2006. Table 1 - Hate Crime Statistics 2007

What are you saying, that we shouldn't prosecute these crimes?

Many hate crime offenders don't see or get any fines or jail time for their offenses. In fact, there's legislation being promoted from the conservative base to eliminate sexual orientation out of the stipulations of Hate Crimes altogether. So you can sit here and try to make this comparison between two countries in a sad attempt to make ours look better than others, but the reality is our government hasn't done much to help out or support the gay & lesbian communities in recent memory. You're essentially blaming Iran for serving brownies made out of manure, when the United States is serving them with laxatives as chocolate chips. Both of them still suck even if one of them is more edible than the other.

A murder is a murder. It doesn't matter if it was because the victim was gay or because the murderer wanted the victim's lunch money.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What are you saying, that we shouldn't prosecute these crimes?

Did I say that? How did you come to this conclusion? Seriously, it's really bad to watch people twist my arguments into something that it isn't.

All I'm pointing out is the high number of hate crimes based on sexual orientation in this country. A thing people like kewlhandle ignores all because the United States doesn't have a law condoning the death of homosexuals in their books. He's quick to jump onto that "America is better than Country X" rhetoric, not even recognizing that our own country has done its fair share in the persecution of the homosexual.

A murder is a murder. It doesn't matter if it was because the victim was gay or because the murderer wanted the victim's lunch money.

It does matter. Because whatever isn't mentioned in the law as being illegal can and will be used as a loophole by shady lawyers in court to escape the proper punishing of the offenders. Didn't the OJ Simpson trial teach us ANYTHING about how people can essentially get away with murder? If it was as simple as you put it, then what would become of the people who are tried for murder who killed in self defense? With your argument, just about every person in the front lines of war in our military would be guilty of murder. Should we put them in jail as well since "murder is murder"?

It's amazing how some people try to oversimplify highly complex issues in this world.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I were either one of them, I'd want people to look so they don't forget the atrocity that's taking place in the name of God.

not God -- Allah

the statement is also disingenuous, as it tendentiously (in compliance with lib ideology) ignores what happened in Pennsylvania, when REAL Christians prayed for the forgiveness of the man who had just murdered their schoolchildren ... just one of many examples

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Found these pictures of the two gay teens executed in Iran back in 2005 by the government of president Ahmadinejad, who just delivered the official Christmas message to Brittain's Channel 4 viewers.

In Iran mullahs' henchmen publicly hanged two young boys in Edalat (Justice) Square in Mashhad - National Council of Resistance of Iran - Foreign Affairs Committee

yeah but lest you forget it's Christianity which is the gay foe..... or so I'm told in these parts.

a large percentage of one side wants them dead, whilst the majority of the other wants them to leave what they hold sacred alone.

[disclosure: poster not Christian nor Muslim]

uniqueusername

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It does matter. Because whatever isn't mentioned in the law as being illegal can and will be used as a loophole by shady lawyers in court to escape the proper punishing of the offenders. Didn't the OJ Simpson trial teach us ANYTHING about how people can essentially get away with murder? If it was as simple as you put it, then what would become of the people who are tried for murder who killed in self defense? With your argument, just about every person in the front lines of war in our military would be guilty of murder. Should we put them in jail as well since "murder is murder"?

Murder is killing someone with premeditated malice. Neither self-defense nor military action fall under that. Killing someone because they are gay DOES, as does killing someone because you want their pound cake. There doesn't need to be a hate crime law to make the punishment in the former case more severe.

Besides, what can be more severe than life in prison? It seems to me hate crime legislation supporters are arguing that the death penalty should be given to those who murder out of politically incorrect hate. I agree, but I don't think, say, an armed robbery that results in death is any less serious.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Murder is killing someone with premeditated malice.

Incorrect, sir... Murder is not always premeditated. 1st Degree murder is, but there's also 2nd & 3rd which are not premeditated at all. The correct definition: the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought

To verify, here are the legal definitions for 2nd & 3rd Degree murder:
2nd Degree: non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility. Second degree murder is different from First Degree Murder which is a premeditated, intentional killing, or results from a vicious crime such as arson, rape, or armed robbery. Exact distinctions on degree vary by state. ( second degree murder legal definition of second degree murder. second degree murder synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary. )

3rd Degree: a murder committed in the perpetration of a felony not listed in the first-degree murder statute ( Glossary of Legal Terms - Term Definition )

As you can see, a much more complex issue than just "murder is murder". And since one person can only be tried for a crime under the Double Jeopardy laws, one has to get it right the first time or else risk watching a person go free.

Neither self-defense nor military action fall under that. Killing someone because they are gay DOES, as does killing someone because you want their pound cake

But Self Defense & Military kills, based on various information that differs on a case by case basis CAN bring the offender up on murder two or murder three charges. Here's two cases where the Defendant was found guilty of 2nd Degree Murder even with their argument of Self Defense:

In Session:: Sidebar Blog Archive - BREAKING NEWS: Ferrer guilty of second-degree murder - Blogs from CNN.com
Domestic-violence foe guilty of second-degree murder

And here's one for the Military books:
Remembering Barry Winchell Unfinished Lives

This isn't even going into Manslaughter charges, which would even further complicate the issue.

There doesn't need to be a hate crime law to make the punishment in the former case more severe.

And why shouldn't there be one? Just because you think sexual orientation is not a serious stipulation doesn't mean that it shouldn't be defined in Hate Crime Legislature. The definition of the term is a crime based on a perpetrator targeting a victim because of his or her membership in a certain social group. Are you suggesting that we don't consider gays & lesbians to be a social demographic in this country?

Besides, what can be more severe than life in prison?

Give me a few moments, I can get VERY creative... :wink:

It seems to me hate crime legislation supporters are arguing that the death penalty should be given to those who murder out of politically incorrect hate. I agree, but I don't think, say, an armed robbery that results in death is any less serious.

That's why there are certain degrees of the murder charge, each with its own punishment. Not all murder crimes end with life sentences. For instance, the standard sentence for Murder Two puts an offender in prison for a set period of time, with eligibility for parole after 10-25 years. First Degree Murder puts this offender away with an eligibility for parole after 25 years. If anything, First Degree Murder can put someone out for as low as 25 years. Second Degree can be as short as 10. In most instances, an armed robbery that results in death could result in a Second Degree Murder charge. The killing wasn't premeditated, however, it was direct result of the crime. Now, there's two charges the offender could be brought up on. Each with their own punishments.

As you can see, it's not as easy as saying "Murder is Murder". :wink: