Heated argument in 3, 2,

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_N Flay Table, Jul 20, 2007.

1. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

2. wldhoney

Gold Member

Albums:
    DJG, where have you started trouble? :)

*ah, disregard. I saw, and I think I will get out of the way now.

3. B_capslock

B_capslock New Member

I'll bite, but not in rhetoric...

I think if you look at the clip at :42 sec mark, you see a sign claiming that the illegals mexicans aren't illegal because they belive this to be part of mexico. part of the beauty of thiis country is to be able to believe what you want As to what is fact is different.

However, our greed in a way did hand over this state to the mexicans: by taking advantage of their illegal status to create a near or actual slave labor pool that benefitted nearly every american in california that ordered fast food, used maid cleaning services, or had their car washed to name a few. In fact there a far deeper dependancy in that the very food we eat depends on this slave labor to harvest it.

And now we want to poo-poo on them because they will out number us. we own this mess just as we do Iraq. Plain and simple. minutemen won't fix this.. it just offers a vigillante sense of misdirected patriotism.

However I think the market and corporations are going a step farther in worsening the situation: they offer bilingual signs and salsepeople at the store. it really becoming more and more like mexico proper. So intead of the hispanic person feeling compelled to learn english to assimilate better with the american culture, the amercian culture is trying to assimilate to hispanic... to get their almighty dollars as consumers. And truley, what better sence of accomplishment is there for an illegal immigrant than to feel like they can be an american consumer.

In my neighborhood, I see places that offer driver licenses to ilegals in plain sight, with huge signs advertising. No one reports them.

I say fix the issues with the mexican govt politcally and econimicallly. Treat the illegals here as a human rights issue, and cough up some Iraqi-like dough to ensure that every non english speaking hispanic has their fair attempt to learn english. Call it something like "fix it on their turf so that we don't have to fix it on our turf".. that Hollywood-blockbuster-action-flick-tag-line foreign policy seems to work with many americans... enough to vote for two terms!

As to the legistlation that decalred english as the national language... I have to say.. I agree with it on many points.. like not appeasing a bilingual US by not offering bilingual services. However they have to match that with a robust english language education system available to the current illegals.

Most of all, burn the business that blatenly hire them. Restructure our economy to rely less on the slave labor: which means no 99 cents burgers, no $10 car washes and no $30 housecleaning services. No miracle priced produce and no more ad hoc home depot shoddy construction crews. have them be licensed and certified. The american citizen will literally have to pay for the years of having a free ride, and perhaps such a high standard of living. But at least the playing field will be level.

OK, enough of politics. Lets get down to proper LPSG typs of posts:

So Ladies, what do you think of my dick?

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/stamps/prev/by_name/richard_nixon_prev.gif

4. wingnut84

wingnut84 New Member

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

A vast proportion of the southern states, as referred to by the 'Southern Avenger', belongs to Mexico - they're taking it back by stealth rather than force - Good. Reminds me of the Nationalists in Northern Ireland. Just wait around a few generations and the minority breeds itself up to a majority and bam - would America please leave the Big Brother House.

Nice one Mexicans!

6. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

Brain-Dead Friday is getting to be a regular feature around here.

7. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

And here to are to stick the cherry on top big! Happy Friday - still got that pain in your diodes?

8. Onslow

Gold Member

You love it and you know you do~~how else do you account for noting it weekly?

9. Shelby

Gold Member

I like mexicans just fine but I would prefer the U.S. be overrun by hot, round ass, brazilian illegal alien bitches.

10. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Its what drinking 24/7 can do to you. So by the time Friday rolls around they are posting in a Blackout..........:wink:

11. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL amen brother.

But in all seriousness, I don't mind Mexicans. America is addicted to their low-cost labor as much as it is addicted to Foreign Oil. The problem lies in Washington not Mexico.

12. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Boooring....

13. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think the problem that the established American people have is with territory. It's always about territory. Established Americans think that if they bring over disenfranchised people to work in their superior economic system for a sliver of what is possible to earn (which is still better than what they would make in their own situation) that said people will stay in their allotted place and not advance further. This equation has never worked and it's rediculous that we are still living by this notion.

Another problem that many established Americans have with the immigrant influx is that unlike the other immigration fluxes in the past, there is a great resentment towards assimilation. Many mexican immigrants come to the United States, but do not accept the American lifestyle. Through history, people have migrated to America to live "the American Dream" (which is basically to live like an American on TV). Now, those who migrate merely seek the American dollar, but don't wish to adopt the American culture as their own, resulting in a growing change in culture foreign to the established American people.

There are alot of other clashes, prejudices and misconceptions that are at the root of this whole immigration situation and I don't think that they can ever be fully dealt with.

14. wingnut84

wingnut84 New Member

Truer words have never been spoken... *quietly weeps*

Draft saved Draft deleted