Heath Ledger dead at 28

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very sad. He had that James Dean quality about him...now more ways than hoped.

well, i do not know about the whole James Dean thing...

I think his death is a very sad thing, but James Dean became a cultural icon in death, and was sort of the symbol of "rebellion" for an entire generation etc. etc.

Although Dean had a very small body of work as well, i cannot see Ledger being iconic the way James Dean was.

aside from his very good role in Brokeback, his career was exceptionally ordinary considering the massive amount of hype he received early on around the year 2000.

it is indeed a very sad day, and i feel badly for his daughter...

but from a cultural standpoint, i do not think Ledger will ever have that kind of long lasting effect...

he will probably be considered a bit more like River Phoenix...a young man with alot of potential, but who was consumed by addictions...who will be remembered for a couple of decent roles, but not a culturally very significant icon, the way someone like Dean, or later, Hendrix, Morrison, Cobain etc. were.

people rarely think of River Phoenix these days, and the same will be similar with Ledger in 10 years or so.

talented, but lost young people, who left too early.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just saw Brokeback two nights ago. Heath gave an amazing performance. I'll never get used to thigs like this happening.

I'm also disgusted at one of the comments left on the USA Today article.

"ruf wrote: 25m ago
As it appeared he killed himself it makes you wonder if the film glorifying gay cowboys somehow weigh on his sense of morality.....or maybe it was the loss of family....."

B_bigbanana

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Terrible news. I pray his family and those close to him that they have good support in what must be a tough time for them.
His death is totally un-expected and he will be missed.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What's even more crazy is that he even had an drug problem. You would think that with the media being so invasive now days they could actually catch something like that.

To my knowledge his drug abuse wasn't ever a hot topic, ever.