Heath Ledger dead at 28

Honey Honoria

1st Like
Media
It's sounding like they're on post production for the upcoming Batman- so it's entirely possible that they're done and we will see him... I guess we'll see (creepy thought, sort of).

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sometimes the artistic mind can be so tormented. I hope this wasn't the case and he didn't turn to drugs to deal with his demons. At any rate Hollywood has lost a great star on the rise.

Travel home safely Mr. Ledger.

mind7

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am sad to see this man pass on. One of the few actors out there I still enjoyed watching on the screen.

I don't think he had a drug problem honestly, this seems like a suicide to me, intentional and done on purpose. Yes the media invades a lot of actors lives but he was one of the few to keep to himself and stayed out of the light. He went after roles that grew him as an actor. From the wikipedia article on The Dark Knight:

"The challenge of the role put a strain on Ledger's sleep patterns, finding himself unable to rest for more than a few hours each night.[9]"

Couple this with the divorce from this wife last year and a possible long history of suicidal thoughts (we will never know) and the ability act on those thoughts may have finally come to the surface. I really hope that the media does not spin this as a drug addiction death but rather a suicide of a tormented person. Not pretty anyway but they shouldn't tarnish his image, that is not the proper thing to do.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
shit ! Then it's true then ! I thought it was a horrible hoax at first but damn ! Wonder what he died of ? Possibly a heat attack bought on by a drug overdose ?

Pattypablo308

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Supposedly the sleeping pills they found in the room were over-the-counter. There is no evidence he had any drug problem at all. Lets all remember that young as 28 is, it is not an age of immortality. He may have had a stroke. Nobody knows anything for sure yet.

I'm thinking they are just strong pills and he'll wake up in a few hours. That happens, right?

right??

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Right. Pattypablo308 wrote:

Lets all remember that young as 28 is, it is not an age of immortality. He may have had a stroke. Nobody knows anything for sure yet.

Young peole do die unexpectedly. Athletes have sudden heart failure. Two years ago, a young man who was only twenty-one and lived in this city died in he sleep of Lyme disease. Apparently he suffered an atrioventricular block. A known but not too common symptom of Lyme. He had worked that day. A few years ago, a young man in his twenties called in sick to work and went to the ER. He died before 2:00 PM. It was ruled to be due to natural causes.

Dave

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
I think Batman 2008 will gonna blow to all Cinemas and Theaters!!!

Don't quite understand the way you put that sentence together, but I wonder if Heath's work on BATMAN was completed? Will they have to scrap all of his scenes, complete them with another actor (in shadow, shot from behind, etc), or is his final performance complete?

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
According to USA TODAY:

Ledger had finished filming his role as the Joker this year in The Dark Knight, a sequel to 2005's Batman Begins.