Heath Ledger dead at 28

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:frown1::frown1:

From TMZ Heath Ledger Has Died

TMZ has learned that Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has died in NY.

He was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3:35 PM ET today. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime.

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He was set to play the Joker in the upcoming Batman film "The Dark Knight."

How sad. Seriously, thats so shocking.

bimmli

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I just heard on MSNBC that he was ill with a bad case of pneumonia. This could be the cause of this death. Let's not speculate on our worst fears.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Very sad. I really thought he seemed like a good guy. His role in BBM is just stunning. I don't think he likely was a wild guy with drugs. I wouldn't be surprised if he was taking something to calm himself. His work takes him eveywhere. He might have been exhausted from many things and just kind of took too much or something. I just can't believe it. He had such a beatuiful kind of being when ever I heard him interviewed. May he be on to a greater level. Peace.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I'm sure someone else has already said this, but I didn't feel like filtering through seven pages of stuff... but this shit reminds me of River Phoenix. Hrmph.
Someone else did say it but not in the way that I think you mean it.:redface:

This is all quite sad news to me as I'm learning of it for the first time here on LPSG. :(

Golfbuddy

Expert Member
Media
We need to wait for the medical examiner's report. But whatever he died of, drugs intentional or not, I can't help but think that the American public shares a lot of the blame. We simply are so star-struck, and most people have miserable, meaningless lives so the only way they can feel important is to watch the celebrities which breeds the evil paparazzi. These stars have NO private lives and the pressure is enormous. We need to stop reading People and Us, stop watching the dumb TV shows about celebs and let these people be -- maybe these destructive behaviors will stop. Ledger was the real thing: a pretty boy who could actually act, and act supremely well.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This really bothers me, mainly because he was my age and it makes you think of your own mortality. Kind of like when a fellow class mate dies some years after graduation.

yeah but school teachers driving to work to do good for children die in car accidents... something we most of do (drive),... news and/or occurences of that should have more of a familial mortality, no? or a peace officer getting killed in the line of duty. yet when it is an actor or rock guitarist leading a clumsy life, who does nothing to put food on our table, educate our children, keep us safe, etc... threads like this get filled up 20 pages long... with solace and woe.

huh? and ppl wonder how/why repubs get half the vote...

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah but school teachers driving to work to do good for children die in car accidents... something we most of do (drive),... news and/or occurences of that should have more of a familial mortality, no? or a peace officer getting killed in the line of duty. yet when it is an actor or rock guitarist leading a clumsy life, who does nothing to put food on our table, educate our children, keep us safe, etc... threads like this get filled up 20 pages long... with solace and woe.

huh? and ppl wonder how/why repubs get half the vote...

Teachers don't do all that much these days to educate children either but i digress. People get inspired by musicians, actors, and athletes. It is sad when anyone dies, but when you are seen by millions of people it has an impact on them. I never saw some teacher or whoever who died in some car accident in some place, but I've seen this guy on screen, maybe have been touched by a performance of his, therefore it becomes more personal.

*good quote above by rob