Heath Ledger Memorial

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by gjorg, Jan 23, 2008.

1. gjorg

Gold Member

His upcoming acting as the Joker in BATMAN looks amazing.
    We (I) will miss him!

Attached Files:

2. scotslad20

scotslad20 New Member

gr8 pics gjorg hope he has a gr8 after life

3. gjorg

Gold Member

Bet it turns out an accident due to sleep deprivation. He had sleep related problems. Weird things happen,so get a good nights sleep.

4. gjorg

Gold Member

:biggrin1:

5. RobinSF

RobinSF Member

It is sad, so very very sad. Why is it happening that the talented ones are leaving? He hated the media and loved his craft. It was reported on one of the cable channels that a friend of his said he would be cringing over the media hoopla covering his death and that he would have wanted to be remembered for his acting and as a loving father.

6. cocktaste

Gold Member

He was gorgeous!

7. Fredro

Fredro New Member

A fellow on another site stated that Ledger had been fighting pneumonia for the past couple of weeks and had been really ill from it. Hopefully this will come out to be true and Ledger won't end up being regarded as some druggie or someone who killed himself. The guy travels in some of the same circles as some of the New York notables so I have to at least think it has a little credence to it.

8. cocktaste

Gold Member

They now saying that it was inconclusive, and I would think with pneumonia, they'd be able to point that out pretty early. The guy had up 5 or 6 prescriptions in his bedroom, some from Europe, all for sleeping. This guy was having some serious issues. He went from being alive at 12PM to being dead by 3PM.

9. Fredro

Fredro New Member

"The guy had up 5 or 6 prescriptions in his bedroom, some from Europe, all for sleeping."

I didn't see this in the news. Where was this reported at?

10. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:

Yeah.. these days it is hard to find ppl who can roll a $20 for the fuck of it...

11. gothamboy83

gothamboy83 New Member

Albums:
    ITs really sad, incredible loss to the world. Just as we've lost River Pheonix, James Dean, I can only hope Heath is in a better place!

I just dont understand why the massues called Mary Kate Olson Twice before calling 911 andwaited 26 minutes before doing so.

SAD.

12. B_henry miller

B_henry miller New Member

He was so beautiful.

13. Fredro

Fredro New Member

From Yahoo News article:

"There were six different types of prescription drugs in the room, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety, and an antihistamine, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing."

14. Fredro

Fredro New Member

More of Fox News "Fair and Balanced" reporting:

FOX News host John Gibson revelled in Heath Ledger's death yesterday on his radio show, finding a new opportunity to mock Brokeback Mountain which in 2006 he called a "gay agenda movie,"

"Playing an audio clip of the iconic quote, 'I wish I knew how to quit you' from Ledger’s gay romance movie Brokeback Mountain, Gibson disdainfully quipped, 'Well, he found out how to quit you.' Laughing, Gibson then played another clip from Brokeback Mountain in which Ledger said, 'We’re dead,' followed by his own, mocking 'We’re dead' before playing the clip again."

Gibson called Ledger a "weirdo" with a "serious drug problem" and suggested that Ledger killed himself because he had "a serious position in the (stock) market" or perhaps "watched the Clinton-Obama debate last night. I think he was an Edwards guy, cause he saw his Edwards guy was just completely irrelevant."

Man, this kind of smear reporting is SO WRONG.

15. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Comon guys and incredible loss to the world? He od'd on sleeping pills. . The fact that he had 6 is evidence that he was abusing. For some reason we see a prescription and that makes it acceptable. Anyone can get a precription.

If he had some good weed he would still be alive and have gotten a good nights sleep. Legalize it!

I'm not dancing on his grave but for petes sake he was just an actor. If you want to memorilize some one there are plenty out there who have made a real impact on the world or who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

16. JamieBoy

JamieBoy New Member

"Comon guys and incredible loss to the world?....." (Big E)

I'm with E

17. koval

Gold Member

The one thing I dislike about the tabloid media coverage of famous people's sudden passing is that instantly it is either to do with a drug overdose or some other sinister cause, even before the official autopsy report is released. :mad:

What's more is that they feature it over several full pages but should they ever be forced to issue a retraction it will only be a small paragraph in one of the back pages and not on the front pages were they printed to false story in the first place.

I will miss his passing as I considered him to be a great (if some what under rated) actor.

18. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

When you die suddenly at 28 and 6 prescription are found in your room. :confused:

19. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gossip is undoubtably part of human nature, but why don't we wait until an autopsy before assassinating Heath Ledger's character.

I think we should all be careful about our 'diagnosis' of what has happened to Heath. I doubt many of us are qualified to make more than a slightly educated guess. We're making our assumptions on what has been reported by the various news agencies, some of which has been conflicting information. And there is little question that they sell more news by spinning the story as if he killed himself than if he just made a mistake or had an adverse reaction to prescriptions.

Go through your own drug cabinets and kitchen drawers, folks. Some of us have lot of meds floating around that we needed for various treatments. If put together, they might look suspicious.

As for whether he deserves all of this attention, I feel very sorry for his family and friends. He was a local boy who regularly visited his family here in Perth and the folks who knew him said he was quite happy. The suddenness of his death and his celebrity forced his dad, for example to make a statement to the press within hours of the reported death... that must have been hell. If Heath had been a garbage man, stock broker or yoga instructor, the media wouldn't have given a shit and then left his loved ones alone.

And in one of the earlier posts here, I read how a radio personality has been making nasty comments... I am so happy I don't work for a paper, tv or radio news. I don't think I'd survive the necessary death of my soul in order to do the job.

20. serviceman1965

serviceman1965 New Member

If for nothing else, Heath deserves praise for taking the role in Brokeback Mountain. Can't we pause for a few days and wait for the medical examiner's report before we pass judgment? By then, perhaps, we may conclude that we shouldn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted