'Heaven'

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Heaven...no heaven...God...No God...

Fact is, no one can prove any of it, either way. Maybe we should all focus on being better human beings while we are here, in this life, and figure the rest will take care of itself when the time comes.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One last thought about Heaven or the next life, etc:

The instructors/purveyors of Islamic fundamentalism and radical extremism have demonstrated an unmatched skill in reaching kids and students and connecting at such a level that their pupils are willing to strap themselves in TNT insomuch that they can reach this utopian destination as soon as possible.

They can deliver the message so eloquently, so powerfully and with such sincerity that young adults are willing to pay the ultimate price to fulfill the objective of those teachings - without a shred of proof of actual existence of the afterlife.

Amazing when you think about it.

A shame we can't get some of those instructors over here to teach math and science.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heaven...no heaven...God...No God...

Fact is, no one can prove any of it, either way. Maybe we should all focus on being better human beings while we are here, in this life, and figure the rest will take care of itself when the time comes.

yes...

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
This isn't intended as proof , that's a more complicated posting , but nevertheless interesting. But there is brief background. The Virgin Mary has been appearing daily in medjugorje for the last 25 years allowing for the first through scientific investigations of apparitions in history. There have been 3 different commissions of scientific and medicals experts who have examined the internal reactions of the visionaries before , during , and after the apparitions. The 3rd commission concluded " that the forementioned commission , confirms the conclusions of the previous international commissions , who for their part , proved that the apparitions , to whch the visionaries testify , are a phenomenon that SURPASSES modern science and that ALL points to another level of happening. "
What is interesting is that 2 of the visionaries claimed that when they were very young children the Virgin Mary took them of a tour of hell , purgatories , and heaven. The description i read was very brief. They described heaven as " the best of the best ". They said the people they saw were wearing robes and they were all alike { meaning no one was too thin or overweight }. And they were very happy. If this was heaven they only saw a picture. { not daily life in heaven } These 2 visionaries do give lectures from time to time. But the lectures are very low key and usually sponsored by a local church. Whether its true or not it would be interesting to get a more complete description of what they said they saw. None of the visionaries has benifited financially from their fame the 3rd commission concluded.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Who gets to meet/hang out with JC? Does he live in the suburbs of Heaven, or is he in the projects teaching new stuff about the next dimension?
:confused:

Why don't you satisfy your curiosity by sending a few PMs to JC. If you are lucky he'll meet/hang out and tell all about himself starinvestor::biggrin1:

http://www.lpsg.org/members/j-c.html

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Does it seem reasonable that upon entrance into Heaven, and becoming cognizent of your newfound immortality, that you would go insane?

It is my opinion that your mortality is one thing that keeps you sane. If you have immortality, what do you plan for?

Retirement? Every day would be retirement, right? Do you have bank accounts or 401(k)'s in Heaven? If so, what if you overdraw or take a hardship withdrawal? Is there an IRS in Heaven?

You can't have more kids can you? Do people 'get busy' in Heaven? If so they would have to be married, right? Well, what about the single people that die and go to Heaven? They have to live in eternity with no sex?

I think a bunch of people, when they get, say 6 or 7,000 years old will go absolutely insane up there.

Also, what about a loner that goes to Heaven. What will he do, just sit in his room for millions of years?

The whole thing about people lounging around in hammocks and roaming around in white gowns...just seems like boredom/insanity will set in.

Also, if you don't have to mow your yard or do laundry, pay bills, look for sales, etc., what exactly is there to do? Go bowling? Ride bikes?

Can you meet up with your dog up there? If so, do you have to clean up the animal excrement? Because I don't thing my idea of Heaven is cleaning up dogshit. Also, do they recycle? I would think so.

Who gets to meet/hang out with JC? Does he live in the suburbs of Heaven, or is he in the projects teaching new stuff about the next dimension?
:confused:
I think you need to either increase or change the dosge of whatever meds you're on.
Do you have intestinal polyps?
No, but its possible he had a brainfart.

Well, consider the alternative. You can have an eternity of being Satan's little bitch...
Oh, please, for some people around here it's like that old saying;"Heaven doesn't want me and HELL's afraid I'm gonna take over!"
I can only assume the OP is a joke or stoned musings... or perhaps a little of both.

Painting 'heaven' in terms of the life we know now is absurd. Why on earth (forgive the pun) would heaven just be a continuation of what we know already?

I prefer to contemplate questions like 'is heaven even 3 dimensional?' and 'do we retain connaissance of the life that went before?'. And even those questions are totally pointless really.
I dunno, he may be temporarily mentally deficient, but now he's got ME pondering some of these questions.
If you really get into the ideal of a one perfect heaven, then you've set yourself up for disappointment. Who knows? My relatives who've died recently might be there if I croak and somehow manage to scrape by, then again, they may've been reincarnated into something else. ARRGH!!! this is giving me literally a headache.
Really? I read it again and I didn't get it this time. I mean, I have no clue what I was talking about. :confused:
If only I could forget that easily and subtlely....

Media
When I was a kid, my mother read the descriptions given in the Bible to both myself and my youngest brother. We had this huge book that contained descriptions & pictures of all the Earth's minerals, precious stones etc and used it as a reference as we were reading about heaven.

Walls of Jasper, streets of pure Gold. It is also said that those who have brought souls to Christ will wear stars in their crown.

Not being one to offer a sales pitch of sorts, I can only speak for myself.
I believe there is a Heaven and I believe there is a Hell. Both fall out of our realm of comprehension, at least while in physical form.

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." In Christ's own words, I choose to believe him.