Height a deal breaker?

Guccimane97

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've only had relationships when I was younger and now I'm in my early 20's and my height seems to be a bit of an issue to women. I'm 5'2 which is short for a man, I go to the gym and play soccer so I'm in shape. I just wanted to know if height is actually universally a deal breaker for women and if there's anything else I can do to add some appeal to myself as I know women typically are attracted to tall men, Ive asked my friends who are women to give some advice and it just seems to stuff like be confident and aproach a lot of women but the constant rejection can get a man down though so any thoughts/tips?

Reactions: find83

I don't care about height. If a person has a major insecurity it's a big negative for me, though. I'm talking a life-consuming insecurity that they make into a problem for other people, mind you. Not "some days I'm not as confident as others" or "I can be a little bothered about x".

Guccimane97

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't care about height. If a person has a major insecurity it's a big negative for me, though. I'm talking a life-consuming insecurity that they make into a problem for other people, mind you. Not "some days I'm not as confident as others" or "I can be a little bothered about x".
Being a man we are raised that its not really ok to feel insecure at times, so specifying that saying "I can be a little bothered about x" is fine was cool to hear. Thank you :)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a tendency to ignore short men. I didn't always. Short men convinced me to ignore short men. I didn't like the way the ones I dated made me feel about their insecurity. So, for a long time I refused to even try with another one. Actually, I chose unusually tall men, for a time feeling attraction only to men over 6'3". I still prefer tall men. However, I am really very attracted to men who are just an inch or two taller than I am, and lately have chosen a number of men who were an inch or so two shorter than I am.

I will say 5'2" is a bit of a reach for me. I don't think I'm up for it, especially if his body is also narrow. I have a few friends who would be all about it though.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ditto on the insecurity thing. Be yourself. I've been out with men shorter than me. They have shown fantastic confidence. I like that a lot!

We went well together. I was respectful enough not to wear heels. One gentleman asked me why I did that. I told him that I did not want to make things uncomfortable. He said he wouldn't be uncomfortable. That's other peoples problems.

Agree with all the above. Confidence trumps stature. I'm 5'9". I knew a guy about your height and he said "you are my dream girl". I thought he was joking (he was super funny) but his expression said otherwise. He asked if i wanted to know why, and i was curious ... he walked straight up to me and his face was right in my cleavage. He laughed and laughed, and so did i. I already was seeing someone but his confidence was attractive. One of my best guy friends is 5'6" and his wife is 5'10"... he thinks she's the hottest thing and digs it when she wears heels.

If you ask me not to wear heels, I'll not only wear flats but slouch... and i dont look good when i slouch... which will lead to feeling dumpy and self conscious. Not good.

ETA: Being honest... you'd probably need something special for me to consider someone your height... above average smarts, sense of humor, blessings below the belt, etc.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’ve dated guys my height before (5’5”) and who weighed less than I did. The weight was a little more significant to me, but not that critical.

I’m not going to lie, height is probably going to be an issue upon immediate attraction, but personality makes up for a lot. I mean, a lot. All the short guys I’ve gone out with were big people. Funny, smart, interesting. Oh, wait - I did go out with a guy your height! A jockey! He might have been shorter. He was awesome. He had some stories....anyway. You do you. Don’t hide behind your height. It does NOT define you.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
For a partner I prefer guys to be taller than myself, that's just my preference I like big burley hairy ass teddy bears. As said everyone is different and there's somebody for everyone, just keep looking hunni and you'll find the one xx

Reactions: LaFemme