Height Doesn't Matter To Her, so she says

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
I know it from personal experience. I'm 5'6'', that's short in almost every country in the world. I used to do gymnastics, for 8 years, with much success (several times district champion and good results at the nationals). Perhaps that's why I became short, as I think I had the potential to be 2 inches taller (my 2 brothers are 5'8'', my sister is 5'5'').

So entertain me...how does a person become short? I'm 5'3... no matter how hard I try I can't become 5'0 or 6'0....*baffled* As far as I know, being involved in gymnastics or ANYTHING for that matter, has NOTHING to do with becoming short or taller...

I'm not sure anyone has control over their height. Weight, yes, but height no....

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So entertain me...how does a person become short? I'm 5'3... no matter how hard I try I can't become 5'0 or 6'0....*baffled* As far as I know, being involved in gymnastics or ANYTHING for that matter, has NOTHING to do with becoming short or taller...

I'm not sure anyone has control over their height. Weight, yes, but height no....

It has been speculated that participation in certain sports, particularly before the growth plates fuse can stunt growth. Caffeine has been said to stunt growth. In some people, very frequent skydiving over many years leads to tiny fractures which reduce height. Osteoporosis has the same effect.

I have always believed that food has a high impact on height as well. Example: Compare third generation Chinese-descended Americans with their immigrant counterparts. They are usually much taller. It has been speculated that American beef may be the key difference. My man took vitamins his entire childhood, and into his adolescence. My mother couldn't afford to feed the appetite vitamins gave me, and so my chewables were cut off. I'm among the shortest in my family. My little brother, is tiny compared to anyone in his or my family. We share a short grandmother; everyone else in his brood are very tall. However, he is the youngest of his mother's ten children, and did not get the same amount of meat at early ages that some of his siblings got. After our (vegetarian) father moved out, he also didn't eat many veggies. I believe it's the diet.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It has been speculated that participation in certain sports, particularly before the growth plates fuse can stunt growth. Caffeine has been said to stunt growth. In some people, very frequent skydiving over many years leads to tiny fractures which reduce height. Osteoporosis has the same effect.

I have always believed that food has a high impact on height as well. Example: Compare third generation Chinese-descended Americans with their immigrant counterparts. They are usually much taller. It has been speculated that American beef may be the key difference. My man took vitamins his entire childhood, and into his adolescence. My mother couldn't afford to feed the appetite vitamins gave me, and so my chewables were cut off. I'm among the shortest in my family. My little brother, is tiny compared to anyone in his or my family. We share a short grandmother; everyone else in his brood are very tall. However, he is the youngest of his mother's ten children, and did not get the same amount of meat at early ages that some of his siblings got. After our (vegetarian) father moved out, he also didn't eat many veggies. I believe it's the diet.

Of course there's a connection to these things. Absolutely. Lots of things can effect your height.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hm. guys will say that when ever there is a man shorter in their presence if they're bored, i've noticed...especially if he shows any kind of annoyance at a situation. automatically the napoleon complex/syndrome joke is applied.

I've been thinking about this. It's the same with short women. Short people are just "not allowed" to get angry. Then again, if a short man gets assertive, both men and women are eager to put him down. If a short woman asserts herself, usually other women will support her. They see her as "Woman"n not "Short". It's men who seem, to my observation anyway, to think ill of the pissed-off, petite gals. They seem quick to call these women bitches or she-men.