Height Doesn't Matter To Her, so she says

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ok i guess i'll give my two cents...

well i'm a 19 year old guy who is 5'6"
i'm nice, well built, well hung but not enormous.
also still a virgin.

anyway i feel i do have a slight Nepolean Complex. it doesn't make me a jerk, because everyone i know say i'm the nicest guy they know. it just frustrates me being short.

i feel i have somthing to prove being short. i need to prove my masculinity and prove that i can be great while being short. that is why i excercise extensively and i am persuing a medical career. the reason i feel this way is because all my life i've been called shorty, lil man, lil fella, and kid. Tall people percieve me to be pushover, weak, frail, and helpless. but if they would see pass my height, i'm clearly none of those things

i see all the guys in my family and all the guys i know havin great sex lives. and yes, all of them are taller than me. also many of them are jackasses, and there partners seem to be attracted by that.

i also want to say is that i'm not a hater. i don't think all men a assholes, there are many great guys i know. but i do see that a lot assholes are havin sex, and that is what i want... so should i be an asshole?... LOL, i know its not that simple. its just not my nature.

the wierd and disturbing thing is that i probably won't get over this short thing until i beat up a tall guy infront of a crowd. it's not that i want to fight somebody out of anger, its that to prove others that i'm not the pushover that you think i am.

either that or have sex :)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Galaxus, my dude is 6'5" (not a typo) and he was a virgin until he was 22. When you are more comfortable with yourself, women will be more drawn to you.

Also, be warned: Do not pick a fight with a random tall guy. It isn't his fault you don't like yourself enough to know you have nothing to prove. Short guys are always trying to prove themselves with my dude. He's really big, not just tall, so kicking his ass in front of people would make a small guy feel big for a moment. Plus he's very quiet and unassuming, so they often figure he's big, slow and not a fighter. On the other hand, he's surprisingly light on his feet, and has studied several martial arts, and regularly practices speed. Add to that, anyone with him at the time would fight alongside him (including me, and I fight dirty). Why should the random tall guy have to deal with your problems?

You should talk about your height issues in group counceling or something. It can't hurt, right? Ultimately nothing, not even beating someone up will make you feel better as long as you feel the way you feel right now.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Galaxus, my dude is 6'5" (not a typo) and he was a virgin until he was 22. When you are more comfortable with yourself, women will be more drawn to you.

wow. how does he feel about that? did he choose to wait? did not care for sex until 22 or could he not just get any until 22?

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
so what he do to be comfortable in his own skin? did he work out? cause i've been doing for the past 5 years.

also, i don't really get this "comfotable in my own skin".to me, it's just a phrase. i am relaxed, calm, and very open person. how mor comfortable do i need to get.

i dunno. maybe its not my hieght. maybe its my clothes or my wallet.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
so what he do to be comfortable in his own skin? did he work out? cause i've been doing for the past 5 years.

also, i don't really get this "comfotable in my own skin".to me, it's just a phrase. i am relaxed, calm, and very open person. how mor comfortable do i need to get.

i dunno. maybe its not my hieght. maybe its my clothes or my wallet.

You are insecure aboput your height. I do not know what one needs to do to lose such an insecurity. He had to get over some of his insecurities and see himself as deserving the things he wanted in order to get them. That's what you have to do to. You are not "comfortable in your own skin". You resent being short.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NO, not at all. i don't think i'm worthless, i do deserve a lot and i work hard for it. i'm not insecure about my height. i'm frustrated that people treat me differently than others of average height. the assholes that look down on me and know nothing about me think i can't do shit.

i'm not depressing at all, just when i ask a girl to be somthing more than a friend, she declines.

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ok i guess i'll give my two cents...

well i'm a 19 year old guy who is 5'6"
i'm nice, well built, well hung but not enormous.
also still a virgin.

anyway i feel i do have a slight Nepolean Complex. it doesn't make me a jerk, because everyone i know say i'm the nicest guy they know. it just frustrates me being short.

i feel i have somthing to prove being short. i need to prove my masculinity and prove that i can be great while being short. that is why i excercise extensively and i am persuing a medical career. the reason i feel this way is because all my life i've been called shorty, lil man, lil fella, and kid. Tall people percieve me to be pushover, weak, frail, and helpless. but if they would see pass my height, i'm clearly none of those things

i see all the guys in my family and all the guys i know havin great sex lives. and yes, all of them are taller than me. also many of them are jackasses, and there partners seem to be attracted by that.

i also want to say is that i'm not a hater. i don't think all men a assholes, there are many great guys i know. but i do see that a lot assholes are havin sex, and that is what i want... so should i be an asshole?... LOL, i know its not that simple. its just not my nature.

the wierd and disturbing thing is that i probably won't get over this short thing until i beat up a tall guy infront of a crowd. it's not that i want to fight somebody out of anger, its that to prove others that i'm not the pushover that you think i am.

either that or have sex :)
I know what you're saying.
Like I said, I am a decently tall dude (6'1ish) but average hung, we are kind of on the same boat. Although I know my size is satisfactory at 6.5", but sometimes I feel like I am expected to be bigger than I am. I see a lot of guys who are assholes and get laid and I know for sure that some of them are hung so it makes me feel somewhat inferior.

The funny thing is, the one I feel this way towards and I admit I envy the most is exactly your height. He lays tons and tons of girls and is known to be hung. We used to be friends in high school but now in college we've parted ways. He hasn't fully ignored me or avoided me really, but he joined a frat and is super involved in and what it's about--super excessive drinking, banging dumb, oblivious freshman and having a superiority complex. I'm not in this frat so I can't be a friend of his anymore, apparently. It's easy to blame his cocky attitude by saying he has a napoleon complex but I don't because that's not why. It annoys me when people falsely label someone like that if they are cocky in the slightest way. It's almost like if someone ISN'T short or IS hung, then they can afford acting cocky without repercussions. If not, then they either "have a napoleon complex" or "probably has a small dick" :rolleyes:

I'm sorry that you feel that way about your height. You're nicely hung, so you have that to fall back on. Trust me, this kid I was telling you about gets with lots and lots of girls. I personally feel that being a playboy is a more "masculine" role than being able to kick some taller guys' ass.

About the pushover thing, let me tell you that I was a push over for a while growing up. I just never really defended myself to the level I should of, so people would give me shit. I've changed that though. I'm not very built but I am tall and if I really wanted to, I could hold my own in a fight with most guys. If I started working out, I could change that. I don't see shorter guys as push overs and I know there are some who can put up a good fight. I think the only men that make you think otherwise are others who are insecure about their own height but are a bit taller than you. I know there are average height guys who are insecure about their height (kind of how I am somewhat insecure about my average endowment). Don't let their insecurities get to you. I'm sure you know you're capable of beating up a lot of guys who are taller than you, don't feel you need to actually fight them to prove it to yourself and others.

Going back to the guys being assholes thing...some girls (just stupid girls, really) are only attracted to that because they feel it's a challenge for them. A "nice guy" will do anything for them, this bores some women. They want status and something to brag to their friends about, this is why some women go for the cocky assholes and stay with them. They also feel special because the guy treat them in a special way as opposed to being a dick to everyone else...until later. Is it stupid? Profoundly. After they verbally and/or physically abuse them and treat them like shit like the rest of them, only then will they realize how much time they wasted with a prick. Trust me, after I overcame the "pushover" phase, I quickly turned into one of those guys (to a certain extent) because I realized how many girls they pull in. Later I realized that it certainly wasn't the path to go, plus the only girls that would get pulled in were highly impressionable, low IQ'ed sluts, which are NOT the type of girls you want to get with.

Now I'm at a stage where (I feel) I come off as a confident gentleman, I don't let people push me over and if they try to, I don't react irrationally. Basically I've tried to become a man's man. This gives me the best of both worlds (pulling in girls who are attracted to my confidence but aren't the idiots who go for the cocky, caveman-like meatheads)

I think you should take this same path. You earn true respect from people, not forced respect from being a cocky prick. Be happy--you're not VERY short, you're built and you are well endowed. Don't stress about being shorter than average. No one is designed to be 100% desirable to others. As trite as the saying is, be happy with what you have. You're really not bad off, dude. We are neighbors and the grass is greener on the other side.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NO, not at all. i don't think i'm worthless, i do deserve a lot and i work hard for it. i'm not insecure about my height. i'm frustrated that people treat me differently than others of average height.

i'm not depressing at all, just when i ask a girl to be somthing more than a friend, she declines.
I find it hard to swallow that out of one corner of your mouth you say that because of your height you have something to prove, and then out of the other corner of your mouth you say you have no insecurity about your height.

Either you feel you have to prove yourself, or you don't. But if you feel you have to prove yourself because of your height, you have insecurity, plain and simple, and you cannot move on if you remain in denial. I'm sure you can find someone to talk to about it, who would be able to help you find your way past it. I have no expertise in this area.

I didn't say you were depressed, where did that come from?

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By the way, I was talking to my sister the other day about the importance of height. I asked her if it really mattered and she said it does. Then she followed it up with "but if he's doing well in every other way, then it's fine. I would date someone my height if that were the case". She's 5'5.

By the way, I think the only girls that really make a big deal about height are the ones who are taller than average.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now I'm at a stage where (I feel) I come off as a confident gentleman, I don't let people push me over and if they try to, I don't react irrationally. Basically I've tried to become a man's man. This gives me the best of both worlds (pulling in girls who are attracted to my confidence but aren't the idiots who go for the cocky, caveman-like meatheads)

I think you should take this same path. You earn true respect from people, not forced respect from being a cocky prick. Be happy--you're not VERY short, you're built and you are well endowed. Don't stress about being shorter than average. No one is designed to be 100% desirable to others. As trite as the saying is, be happy with what you have. You're really not bad off, dude. We are neighbors and the grass is greener on the other side.

This is perfect!

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By the way, I was talking to my sister the other day about the importance of height. I asked her if it really mattered and she said it does. Then she followed it up with "but if he's doing well in every other way, then it's fine. I would date someone my height if that were the case". She's 5'5.

By the way, I think the only girls that really make a big deal about height are the ones who are taller than average.

or fat. fat women tend to want taller guys to make them look smaller.

nerd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
NO, not at all. i don't think i'm worthless, i do deserve a lot and i work hard for it. i'm not insecure about my height. i'm frustrated that people treat me differently than others of average height. the assholes that look down on me and know nothing about me think i can't do shit.

you should try to look at this from another point of view:

thanks to your shorter than average height you are automatically avoiding all those worthless people who will not consider respecting you or giving you a chance for romance simply because of some height standard

imagine all the time an energy you would be wasting in order to figure out their true self if you were of average height

musclebutt2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Do you not see your own hypocrisy? Are you not doing precisely what you've accused me of doing? It's not my fault you spoke without reading and are now forced to scuttle about trying to make a valid argument. This whole thing is weak. The weakest part is that you kick this whole party off with what amounts to, "Nuh-uh! I'm not illiterate, YOU ARE!" Is that effective counter argumentation?

I didn't start this flame war, you did. My first posting on here was a request for the two of you to take it to PM, instead, you started insulting me. So I stooped to your level to illustrate a point that you have the same abrasive attitude as DvC as well as being blind to your own faults.

The way you chose to highlight my post is transparent. There should be a lot more orange. All of what you let remain dark gray should be orange. Those words are the points I wanted to get accross to DVC just as much as the ones you chose to make orange.

No, what was dark gray wasn't really relevant to answering his question. They were your musings and opinions but didn't support any of your points. They were obfuscations and digressions.

As for the words in blue I have questions.

Tell me: How is "I do not date short men at all or for any reason? I used to date short men. I'm not attracted to them anymore. I used to date skinny men too. I don't like them either. I don't like slender shoulders, I don't like big, veiny muscles, I don't like scratchy body hair, I don't like when there's no body hair, I don't like blondes, I don't like very pale men, I don't like men with violet eyes... I could go on and on about physical features that do not appeal to me." meant to be a personal attack on DVC?

How is any of the following meant to insult him?

"My thing with height is no different from women here who have a thing with penis size, or people who only date blacks, or only date women with flat stomachs, or only date men with blue eyes, or only date women with long hair, or etc."

Even this:
  1. If I'm a bitch, so is every woman related to you, everyone has standards."
If they were freestanding statements it might not have been so bad, but did you read all of the blue text together? You endlessly told him you wouldn't date him or short men to excess. In actuality, saying it once would have been enough to get the point across; beyond that it becomes abusive and insulting. This is what schoolyard bullies do, not adults trying to have an intelligent conversation.

Aren't you reaching? C'mon.

As I said. You need to clean your own house before you go poking around in mine. if anyone has altered the vibe of this thread, it's you. The rest of us were going on with the conversation, and I have received private messages that seemed to be in agreement with the way I chose to make a stand. I didn't argue with DVC. I defended myself after I was attacked.

You and I do seem to be arguing, arguing right inside this thread, too. *yawn* Next!

I stand by my analysis of the situation and have provided clear evidence by showing you what was in the content of the original texts. I did not edit any of your words; allow people to read it and come to their own conclusions. I have succinctly made my point.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks to your shorter than average height you are automatically avoiding all those worthless people who will not consider respecting you or giving you a chance for romance simply because of some height standard

imagine all the time an energy you would be wasting in order to figure out their true self if you were of average height

Viewing people as worthless simply because they are not attracted to him for whatever reason they are not attracted to him is bogus. None of us finds true strength or self-worth from the denigration of others. No one is required to think short guys are hot. No one is required to think redheads are hot. No one is required to think people whose second toe is longer than their big toe are hot. There are however, plenty of people who will find you sexy as hell. Even if less than one percent of the human population of earth is looking for someone who fits whatever your specific description is, there are MILLIONS of people looking for you!

What makes one physical standard more acceptable than any other? Everyone needs to limit their sexual availability. Everyone. We all do it. No one's preferences makes them worthless. I notice no one here thinks men's choices makes them worthless, or bitches. They're allowed to not like fat women, tall women, brown hair, glasses, crooked teeth or whatever they don't like. But when women reject you, they're worthless. I call bullshit.

We do not make ourselves whole by pissing on other people.