Height. why lie?

I get that men lie about penis size, but why do they lie about height? I've met men from a dating site recently, who had quite clearly lied about their height. Fair enough, you may think, gotta lie - it's a dating profile after all, but I've also asked work colleagues and customers how tall they are, and some have given answers that are quite clearly untrue. For example, if I am 5'7'', someone shorter than me is not 5'9''. What the hell is it all about? I can SEE how tall they are for goodness sake. Is this also just a roundabout way of lying about penis size?

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Men often exaggerate various things for a variety of reasons, with most of it having to do with the ego in an attempt to boost their sense of masculinity. Height, penis size, the size of the fish they caught, how many women a guy has slept with....the list goes on. This is also the reason why a lot of guys will pour thousands of dollars into fancy cars, clothes and jewelry as it is a sign of status. Going back to specifically height though, this is a trait that is valued highly as it again is a symbol of status, in this case this is more sub consciously. There are actually stats that show CEOs are significantly taller than the national average. Men who are taller have been shown to father more children compared to men below average height. So, a person who lies about their height may just be feeling a bit insecure, due to a lack of it.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think instead of a large penis fetish I have a height fetish. It was one of the first things I noticed about Mr. Rouge. Being 6 foot 3. The only downside is trying to kiss in missionary position. He's that nice guy everyone asks in the grocery store to get something for them off the high shelf.

blkcocktail

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ha, maybe they are factoring in their shoes. I will say for some reason I honestly naturally think of myself as 5'10...it's not until I go to the doctor and the nurse asks me to take of my shoes to measure my height...and then she yells out 5'8! Lol! I'm always like "Ha! Hold on, Can we take that again???" Lol, and she never does, she just walks off. Ha.

Nate2020

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with Sangheili90. Men lie about height because we are conditioned through society that height equals advantage. I am 5'11 and 1/2 which is a little above average. During an interview with my first employer after college, a seasoned company recruiter said to me, "you will advance quickly in our firm because you are tall, that might not sound fair to you but it Is a reality in this company". That is burned into my brain because I never imagined that height was an advantage in the business world.

Reactions: sangheili90

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with Sangheili90. Men lie about height because we are conditioned through society that height equals advantage. I am 5'11 and 1/2 which is a little above average. During an interview with my first employer after college, a seasoned company recruiter said to me, "you will advance quickly in our firm because you are tall, that might not sound fair to you but it Is a reality in this company". That is burned into my brain because I never imagined that height was an advantage in the business world.

I'm 6'4" and people interact with me noticeably different compared to the vast majority of men out there. Due to my height and build, which is a very rare combination, I generally get instant respect and admiration from other people. However, on the flip side of this I also have many experiences dealing with insecure men who feel threatened by me and act out on it, generally with passive aggressive attitudes or just behaving like an idiot.

WillyLong

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Men lie about their height and the size of their dicks. Women lie about their age and their weight. Both genders are under pressure to either be perfect or to hide their imperfections.

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
Height is one of the largest if not thee largest deciding factors in a man's physical attractiveness.

It is universally attractive. Only a fool would try to argue that there is no large social advantage as your being far more sexually appealing to a larger group of people.

Dating online takes it into high gear. At 5'8 you are already not in very good shape despite being of average height. Every inch you drop you can watch your results plummet at absolutely stupid amounts. In real life you at least have an opportunity to try to woo the person with your personality and chemistry. Online they might as well be browsing by stats, especially if it is required that you enter your height, SUPER likely if they allow you to filter by height. At that point you are all but fucked.

Maybe they say a higher number because they assume you'll just drop it and not continue wiht it as you'll come to the conclusion they are delusional. Perhaps they think/sense that if they say their actual height, that will yield a negative response from you. Maybe they are stupid, Idk. I can only guess at a myriad of reasons why they may lie.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Height is one of the largest if not thee largest deciding factors in a man's physical attractiveness.

It is universally attractive. Only a fool would try to argue that there is no large social advantage as your being far more sexually appealing to a larger group of people.

Dating online takes it into high gear. At 5'8 you are already not in very good shape despite being of average height. Every inch you drop you can watch your results plummet at absolutely stupid amounts. In real life you at least have an opportunity to try to woo the person with your personality and chemistry. Online they might as well be browsing by stats, especially if it is required that you enter your height, SUPER likely if they allow you to filter by height. At that point you are all but fucked.

Maybe they say a higher number because they assume you'll just drop it and not continue wiht it as you'll come to the conclusion they are delusional. Perhaps they think/sense that if they say their actual height, that will yield a negative response from you. Maybe they are stupid, Idk. I can only guess at a myriad of reasons why they may lie.

This is true though, as long as the tall guy in question isn't overweight or excessively skinny and has decent facial attractiveness.

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
This is true though, as long as the tall guy in question isn't overweight or excessively skinny and has decent facial attractiveness.
Being overweight isn't that big of a deal in the US, more than 50% of people are overweight. Skinny isn't bad unless we are talking about being emaciated. Face just be in the ball park of average and you are golden. If you are higher, you fairing spectacularly well.

Either way. pairing tall with any of those features is going to be much more well received than short with any of those features.

D

deleted936015

I'm 6'4" and people interact with me noticeably different compared to the vast majority of men out there. Due to my height and build, which is a very rare combination, I generally get instant respect and admiration from other people. However, on the flip side of this I also have many experiences dealing with insecure men who feel threatened by me and act out on it, generally with passive aggressive attitudes or just behaving like an idiot.

Not 100% with you here...
With myself respect and admiration is built on many things, height and build being very low on the list.
I'll respect and admire a persons achievements, attitude to others and the way they carry themselves day to day over their height or build...
Level of respect shown to a random doesnt change for me based on anything.

You all start here =, its your actions within the first meeting that can gain respect or loose respect.

Reactions: rtg

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being overweight isn't that big of a deal in the US, more than 50% of people are overweight. Skinny isn't bad unless we are talking about being emaciated. Face just be in the ball park of average and you are golden. If you are higher, you fairing spectacularly well.

Either way. pairing tall with any of those features is going to be much more well received than short with any of those features.

It is well known that being overweight drastically reduces one's attractiveness, but you are right though because as you said most people are fat lol.

scallylad85

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It is well known that being overweight drastically reduces one's attractiveness, but you are right though because as you said most people are fat lol.

I should move to America then :eek:

Id finally be "slim" and vastly improve my attractiveness by proxy! :oops::rolleyes:

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not 100% with you here...
With myself respect and admiration is built on many things, height and build being very low on the list.
I'll respect and admire a persons achievements, attitude to others and the way they carry themselves day to day over their height or build...
Level of respect shown to a random doesnt change for me based on anything.

You all start here =, its your actions within the first meeting that can gain respect or loose respect.

A man's first impression will be based entirely on his outward appearance and his overall demeanor, this is well known and accepted despite what people like to say.

D

deleted936015

Maybe back in the stone age.

Today, the way the worlds shaped I belive lends itself less to those "old world" beliefs,
Due to the nature its just too easy to fake the appearance of success in todays throw away world.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hey guys lie about their size just like you girls lie about your weight. I guess the fellas just want to be taller and the ladies want to be a little lighter.... :p