Heil Hillary!!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by faceking, Feb 18, 2008.

1. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Funny.... a little bashing from the right/Obama is healthy.

Attached Files:

2. midlifebear

Gold Member

Obviously a posting from a 37 year-old "100% straight male" who is threatened by women -- especially women who are more intelligent, better read, and have more compassion and understanding about the human condition than your typical 37 year-old "100% straight male" is capable of.

Terribly sad.

3. dong20

Gold Member

Probably. And, judging by his last half dozen posts, I think also someone skiping his meds.

4. camper joe

Gold Member

I am sure this guy don't like Hillary.

5. mindseye

Gold Member

Y'know, there are a lot of valid ways to express concern about Hillary Clinton, but invoking Adolf Hitler to do so is unquestionably tasteless.

EPIC FAIL -1.

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Dude, consider the source...

7. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, I think it's HILLARIOUS.... :tongue:

- - - - - - - -

Lighten up guys. It's a JOKE. :rolleyes:

(I hope to be able to vote for Hillary, and even I can see the humor in it.)

8. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    my sentiments exactly:redface::wink:

9. D_Duane Pipe

D_Duane Pipe New Member

I agree with Not Punny, in so much that it's funny. Now, photoshopping her head onto an old Nazi poster is questionable, but I laughed none the same.

10. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    What's funny is that Obama gets a free pass...

11. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

It's not okay to compare Bush to Hitler, but people do it all the time. It is also unquestionably tasteless.

And he will continue to get a free pass. It's okay to bash a woman, but not a black man.

12. D_Goldsworthy Fingernuts

I think it may be in bad taste but still bought a smile to my face. People are just sick of the same old faces rising to the top of American politics. The Bushes and the Clintons appear to be cut from the same cloth so i can understand peoples frustration. Its no better over here

13. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Please. Don't play the race card. That so lacks any taste at all. It's not okay to bash anybody...this thread wasn't bashing. I thought it was funny, and also thought about the pictures that Obama does the same pose.

Why do you have to make it into a race issue?

14. Mr. Bungle

Gold Member

Albums:
    At least Heil Hillary works from an alliterative standpoint!! faceking was just joking around, and it's easy to react that way when Hitler is thrown into the equation.

15. faceking

Albums:
    Like Condolezza Rice... or Dianne Feinstein. Yes I succumb.

Nice try.

16. D_Kaye Throttlebottom

I don't think he intended to make race an ISSUE. I agree this is meant in good fun and humor in this thread, but I don't think Italian is taking a stab at making race an issue as much as he's making GENDER an issue.

Civil rights is recognized and people are more conscience of race issues and there is less of a stigma about race (the rise in inter-racial marriages supports that). Whereas women still have not gotten the equal rights ammendment and society is not as conscience or sensitive to that issue.

Italian1's wording may need an adjustment here, or there, it's true that it does not raise the public ire or outrage when someone is bashing a woman, the way someone's poor choice of words implying anything in the same zipcode as race has severe consequences. (Hint: Hillary's piss poor choice of words about Johnson, King and civil rights cost her S. Carolina).

Though you're right it's not okay to bash anyone and I don't think this thread was to bash Hillary, but to poke fun. So I see your point, but I don't think he intended to make it an issue.

Look at the way misogyny is tolerated here on this board. People don't take offense to insulting a woman here, but look for accusations about politically incorrect characterizations about sexual preference. The consequences are completely different.

Do you think Imus got fired because he called the Rugby basketball team hos? or for the "nappy-headed" adjective that prefaced it?

People are more conscience of racial tones than they are about Hillary or women.

That being said, Hillary is demonstrative and those pictures fit with her personality and I don't think it's meant as a stab about her as a woman, Italian1, maybe that observation is reserved for another thread.

If you're going to say Italian1 is making it about race - you may to consider that Hitler made it about Race and Hillary is being compared to race-murdering dictator. You think Italian1's comment about a black man is what made it about race?

I don't mean to speak for Italian1 either, but I don't think he meant any harm.

17. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

People bash Bush all the time, and have made a sport of comparing him to Hitler. Nobody says a word about it. The pics of Hillary are funny, but I am certain it would not go over well if Obama were made into a Hitler-type character.

18. faceking

Albums:

Shame this election is being hallmarked as a black or woman... when Bush appointed both to one of the most important positions in the country... yet the mainstream media (and markedly the bulk, if not all of this board) was silent. Hypocrisy in it's finest hour.

19. faceking

Albums:
    Indeed.. including ppl making a comment here, and seeing their brethren do the same here on LPSG. The hypocrisy is so softball-fluffy-pitch to point out, it's laughable at times.

20. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    For the record, I don't think Imus should have lost his job at all.
    Why not?

I think the "Heil Hillary" thing works only because of the play on words, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted