Hello... echo...

H8Monga: there are 25 people here and I'm the only one posting? What are people reading? Why aren't they replying? What's stopping them from posting, reserving their words? I feel so alone. :'( Is anyone really there?

jackinman: What's up Hapi Papi, some of us are visiting the other threads. How you doing?

H8Monga: I'm ok you? Thanks for answering that. Glad you posted.

gigantikok: god dude, maybe it's not polite saying this, but youve been here a little too much in the last couple of weeks. Try going outside, maybe getting some sun, maybe making new friends. I mean, almost 200 posts in only 2 weeks? Has anyone ever achieved that before? I just hope you are giving yourself time to eat and function daily as a human being and not posting here, non stop, 24 hours a day, because you sure have posted a-freakin lot.

H8Monga: Eat? What's that? Friends? ???

Today's not a good day to go out since it was like 39 and rainy. Tomorrow's the same. I'm off today and tomorrow and I work for 8 and a half hours. I'll drop in here maybe before I go, but mostly when I come home. I type a lot and still go outside and places etc. Don't judge that I don't. There's another site I belong to just like this one and one of the people there has over 5,000 posts and he makes about 1000 a month. He has a full-time job and family. He just happens to talk a lot. I myself have about 2,000 at that board set up just like this one.

H8Monga: It's like family at that site, so we make a lot of posts and reply back and forth. But he replies to just about everything and I realized one and told him he made 1000 posts between February and March and I was amazed.

gigantikok: [quote author=Hapi Papi link=board=meetgreet;num=1049753047;start=0#6 date=04/07/03 at 20:33:43]It's like family at that site, so we make a lot of posts and reply back and forth. But he replies to just about everything and I realized one and told him he made 1000 posts between February and March and I was amazed.[/quote]

that's not always something to be proud of...

Icarus213: Since you brought it up, I sort of agree with gigantikok. Be careful not to dominate a message site. Only post if you have something constructive to say. A lot of your posts are just sort of neutral responses that don't require verbalization.

It's a great site and it's fun to post on, but it's like any good conversation- too much of one person can ruin it.

AnonyMs: you know, I find my posts come and go in spurts.... a week or two may go by and I will not find a thing I think I have a contribution to make. And then, there are days where everything needs a comment....

hmmm..... I wonder if I compared my e-loquaciousness to my meds, would I see a correlation? :D

mhk: :D Hey, nice. You should check the correlation. I, myself, like to read the posts, but rarely post. Most of the stuff I would say has already been said. But, hey dude, you should get out more. ;D

H8Monga: gigantikok where did I say anyone was proud? But then again, it doesn't matter to us what you think because we have a good time, made some great friends, and we like what we have in common (it's a music board).

I think people get too serious at this board. Like it's some kind of shrine where there is a right and certain time to say something. Well none of that is in my forum or chat past. I can be dominating at times, but it comes mainly in a sudden burst especially when it's a new place. I'm used to coming to message boards and chats and having it become like Cheers and no one has a problem. You're a regular, you get to know people, you have fun together. What's stopping you all from doing that? Why must every post be a serious reply worth tons in gold? I'm sorry, but in case you haven't noticed, I don't fit your mold. Lighten up some.

But nothing lasts either. Eventually I'll fade, but for the time being, I'm here. I like being here. I'm not trying to make anyone hate me. I'm not trying to run anyone away from the board. I don't always agree with everyone here or accept something they do or say but I still appreciate them.

If I'm dominating, well... maybe Napoleon and I have something in common... ::)

H8Monga: [quote author=mhk link=board=meetgreet;num=1049753047;start=0#10 date=04/08/03 at 10:06:19] :D  Hey, nice.  You should check the correlation.  I, myself, like to read the posts, but rarely post.  Most of the stuff I would say has already been said.  But, hey dude, you should get out more. ;D[/quote]

If I got out more, I'd be living outside... ::)

jackinman: I understand what everyone is saying but in all fairness to Hapi Papi...his signiture says it all. Accept him as he is.
If the guy wants to post, let em post. No harm done.

sammygirly: [quote author=Hapi Papi link=board=meetgreet;num=1049753047;start=0#11 date=04/08/03 at 10:19:07]If I'm dominating, well... maybe Napoleon and I have something in common...  ::)[/quote]

You're both short and don't know when it's better to stop talking? :D

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Speaking of megalomaniacs and height, it seems that most of them were somewhat short. In addition to Napoleon, well...I know Genghis Kahn was only 4'11". I guess you could say they were all tired of being looked down on.

H8Monga: Is 5'9" short? Compared to 6'3" yes, but I know I'm far from Napoleon really.

tott666: [quote author=Hapi Papi link=board=meetgreet;num=1049753047;start=12#17 date=04/10/03 at 21:47:13]Is 5'9" short?[/quote]

It's relative. In Scandinavia, it's a bit short. In southern Europe, you'd be far from being among the shortest ones.

I'm 5'7,5" and am used to being one of the shortest guys where ever I go, often the shortest. Here in Italy I tower over quite a few guys. Strange feeling for me.