Hello from Germany!

leanffm: Upon joining, I just wanted to greet everyone on this board.
In case, there is anyone from Germany, holla at me.
Kind regards, Joerg.

throb919: Wie gehts, Joerg...? Und willkommen in LPSG!

Tony

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Welcome, leanffm.

Welcome, MasterJimmy.

Hope you both enjoy the board.

Pecker

I'm changing dry cleaners. They lose buttonholes.

tracksuitboy: Welcome from England to both new members.  

Leanffm - I have been to Berlin and Frankfurt; Berlin is the most amazing city!

Be Careful who you fly with: I went to Frankfurt (from London) with Ryanair (for non-Europeans, Ryanair is a no-frills budget airline) in October 2001. Because people were scared of flying (this was only a few weeks after 9/11), Ryanair offered their flights at ridiculously low prices (I paid £5 for the flight and £15 airport taxes!!) so naturally I took advantage. Ryanair said they flew to "Frankfurt (Hahn) - obviously the name of Frankfurt's airport right! Wrong! OK, it must be the name of a second airport at Frankfurt right! Wrong. Hahn is little more than an airstrip with a small terminal about 90 minutes coach ride from Frankfurt!! Blimey, it took longer to go from Hahn to Frankfurt than it did from London to Hahn!! Never mind, it was cheap and I did have a great weekend in Frankfurt!!

MasterJimmy - sounds very butch!! ;). I used to be involved in business in Amersterdam so I've been there more times than I can remember! to anyone who hasn't been to Amsterdam - go! It is a gorgeous city and is compact enough to walk around easily. Love it! (If you're taking your mum, go in the spring so she can see the bulb fields; she'll love it!!).

Welcome to both of you - have a look around and have fun!

Solis24: Schöne Grüße aus Leipzig!

I'm not German but I can almost pass for one by now (; Well, if you can't discern the slight french canadian accent, lol. I'd be happy to hear from anyone else in Germany as well, this would be cool!

On the topic of Ryanair, I flew with them too and one reason they're so cheap is that they avoid the big expensive airports, so yeah, Frankfurt-Hahn is actually ages away from Frankfurt, the airport for Hamburg is in Lübeck, the one for Leipzig is in Altenburg and the one for London is in Stanstead, also miles outside the city. And it is still more than worth it!!

I've been to Amsterdam once and only one day. Love it! I HAVE to go back. I strongly recommend it. And NO, I was NOT stoned out of my wits, lol.

awellhungboi: welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy your time here.

MasterJimmy: Thanx! Amsterdam really rocks.
You should all come and visit... Nice blond, Dutch girls over here! I've been to Germany, and German girls look nice too.

Jimmy