Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well, I've been lurking on this site for a while and figured it was far past time I get out of my metaphorical quiet corner and interact like a proper member.

*waves* Nice to meet all you beautiful beings.

Nice to have the chance to meet the 'you's you choose to share here!

duskboi

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Okay, I figured I was a little abrupt after I submitted the previous post.

"Hi, my given name is Ilan' which is Hebrew for 'tree' (there's several stories tied up in that, feel free to ask!) I'm twenty- eight years old, currently reaching the sixth month of being unemployed and job-hunting after moving from Kingman, Arizona to chillier and MUCH wetter/more humid Jacksonville, Illinois.

Astologically, I am a Piscese (Sagitarius rising sign) born in the Yang Year of Monkey and Metal. *shrugs* I am not an expert, but I do like exploring the coincidence of personality influences attributted to astrological signs.

I am a practitioner of new age directed imagery (aka Witchcraft and "magical thinking") But I am more than willing to state that the religious aspects and the metaphysical babble that go along with my worldview may or may not be complete horsefeathers. *shrugs* if the "workings" help, whether as placebo effect or actual manipulation of reality, I don't see as it makes it any less effective.

I am an admittedly unstable personality, twisting from one greater or lesser extreme of persona and/or behavior to another. I have an environmentalist and otherwise do-gooder streak that is mostly contained by my tendancy for procrastination and escapism.

Physically I am a bit on the short side for a man (5 foot 6 1/2 inches tall (and I usually just drop that extra half inch 'cause it makes me feel I'm trying too hard)) with a figure given to bein curvy when I'm around the "right" weight for my height and downright squishy/pudgy at times such as these when my sedentary nature overcomes my outdoorsy and active ideals.

I enjoy many and varied forms of escapism. The top forms on my list are reading (mostly fantasy novels), gaming (mostly rpgs/adventure games) and meditation. I am an amature vocalist and find that singing helps me elevate my mood and purge stress. I the things I percieve and feel and think and try to forge them into a bit of reality outside my head by writing scraps of story and poetry. I have various fetishes in the life of my mind that don't enter into the "real world" either because of physical improbability, safty issues or issues involving ethics.

Socially I'm just as much of a contradiction. Certain conventions of culture like "common Sense" or "common Courtesy" or what people "just know better than" or "everyone does" refuses to make sense for me. I like people but also dislike humanity in general, for all the horrible things we do to ourselves, each other and the world around us. In person I'm either going to be reserved or overshare, either physicly shrinking and stand-offish or tactile without respect to personal space (I give scritches and backrubs without being asked and hugs after being given the okay). I am alternately innocent and wicked (I find people enjoy some middle road betwixt the innocent humor and the illicit). I have done and behaved in ways that earn me admiration as a "good person" as well as things and ways that get me labelled a villain or a monster.

*shrugs* As far as I am concerned I am all and none of those things. I don't mean to be confusing or vague, these are all parts of me. I'm squirmy and hard to pin down into one set of descriptors.

*takes a deep centerring breath, smiles and waves*
Thanks for coming!