Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not really a new member stricto sensu, but I am in a way, considering I've never introduced myself on the forums. I've been lurking for far too long, decades even I could almost say, I think; still, I wouldn't call myself an expert on anything relating to the site, etiquette, functions, and such —I'm constantly learning something new when navigating the site and even more when interacting it and other people—
I remember discovering LPSG.org when I was too young to openly reveal it here I think, with the new policies, even though I'm referring to my own youth [maybe some could clarify what one could or couldn't write about regarding that matter]. It was in 2003, I had a different username, long lost now, something akin to 'botella' (bottle in Spanish) a somewhat exaggerated comparison to my member, which was definitely still growing in those years. Makes me cringe a little when I think about it now haha
Well, I suppose I forgot to mention that I'm Argentinian, and I live in the La Plata Region. I've been moving about the neighboring countries before settling in where I currently live. I am looking to move again in the coming years, but that's part of a long-term project (for academic pursuits and to have a change of air, to put it simply).
Now that I've mentioned academics, I'd say that's a huge part of my life. I think there has never been a year since my memory can recall that I wasn't in some kind of formal educational institution. My parents are both intellectuals, and some people refer to me as one too sometimes, even though I'd say that's overly flattering, even typing that seems narcissistic. But without a doubt I spent and continue spending as much time as I can to keep studying.
I'm a physician (M.D.), graduated with the highest scores for the last decade or more at the time, and my record is still unbeaten. I have a postgraduate degree in higher education didactics, this year I'll go for a PhD in Education, and/or a master's degree in political philosophy or social sciences; I’m still not fully decided. I'm finishing the undergraduate in philosophy this coming months, that's why I'm at a bit of a crossroads. I'd say that my years as a med student were the best, all the humanities courses left a lot to be desired... All I learnt was due to my autodidactic zeal.
The bad side of it all: I am almost bereft of community, all relationships are but superficial, shallow bonding with people I thought were my close friends... I've come to terms with that, the majority of them are straight people who carried on with the traditional expectations for them, but as collateral I was left with very few true friends and colleagues, even in philosophy university. That's one reason I feel the call to move to places where I could be more authentic without being so isolated.
(TL;DR)
That leads me to my final point: I'm here seeking community, searching to become part of a brotherhood of men (and women, and everything not defined by those descriptors) I want to love and feel loved, to share in peace and friendship, to feel that I belong, to forge life-long, meaningful bonds, help people and make them happy, and to be helped and together create a milieu, a space in which we can get to know each other, virtually and in the flesh, exchange experiences, a space for general growth and communal self-actualization. I know it's possible, I've already made major steps in the process of creating links to people I cherish from this 'support' group... I'll leave it at that for the time being, I've already overextended myself, sorry, I try not to be so long-winded, but sometimes I can't help myself.

PS: I'll continue adding details to my self-hagiobiography in coming posts if people show interest. I invite you to check put my albums, I have some photos and videos that I hope you'd like. Ciao!

saclove

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not really a new member stricto sensu, but I am in a way, considering I've never introduced myself on the forums. I've been lurking for far too long, decades even I could almost say, I think; still, I wouldn't call myself an expert on anything relating to the site, etiquette, functions, and such —I'm constantly learning something new when navigating the site and even more when interacting it and other people—
I remember discovering LPSG.org when I was too young to openly reveal it here I think, with the new policies, even though I'm referring to my own youth [maybe some could clarify what one could or couldn't write about regarding that matter]. It was in 2003, I had a different username, long lost now, something akin to 'botella' (bottle in Spanish) a somewhat exaggerated comparison to my member, which was definitely still growing in those years. Makes me cringe a little when I think about it now haha
Well, I suppose I forgot to mention that I'm Argentinian, and I live in the La Plata Region. I've been moving about the neighboring countries before settling in where I currently live. I am looking to move again in the coming years, but that's part of a long-term project (for academic pursuits and to have a change of air, to put it simply).
Now that I've mentioned academics, I'd say that's a huge part of my life. I think there has never been a year since my memory can recall that I wasn't in some kind of formal educational institution. My parents are both intellectuals, and some people refer to me as one too sometimes, even though I'd say that's overly flattering, even typing that seems narcissistic. But without a doubt I spent and continue spending as much time as I can to keep studying.
I'm a physician (M.D.), graduated with the highest scores for the last decade or more at the time, and my record is still unbeaten. I have a postgraduate degree in higher education didactics, this year I'll go for a PhD in Education, and/or a master's degree in political philosophy or social sciences; I’m still not fully decided. I'm finishing the undergraduate in philosophy this coming months, that's why I'm at a bit of a crossroads. I'd say that my years as a med student were the best, all the humanities courses left a lot to be desired... All I learnt was due to my autodidactic zeal.
The bad side of it all: I am almost bereft of community, all relationships are but superficial, shallow bonding with people I thought were my close friends... I've come to terms with that, the majority of them are straight people who carried on with the traditional expectations for them, but as collateral I was left with very few true friends and colleagues, even in philosophy university. That's one reason I feel the call to move to places where I could be more authentic without being so isolated.
(TL;DR)
That leads me to my final point: I'm here seeking community, searching to become part of a brotherhood of men (and women, and everything not defined by those descriptors) I want to love and feel loved, to share in peace and friendship, to feel that I belong, to forge life-long, meaningful bonds, help people and make them happy, and to be helped and together create a milieu, a space in which we can get to know each other, virtually and in the flesh, exchange experiences, a space for general growth and communal self-actualization. I know it's possible, I've already made major steps in the process of creating links to people I cherish from this 'support' group... I'll leave it at that for the time being, I've already overextended myself, sorry, I try not to be so long-winded, but sometimes I can't help myself.

PS: I'll continue adding details to my self-hagiobiography in coming posts if people show interest. I invite you to check put my albums, I have some photos and videos that I hope you'd like. Ciao!
Welcome!

Reactions: Aldan and BillM

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Welcome to LPSG!

If you are brand new here, please remember that it takes five posts, two days before some features unlock, ie. starting conversations etc.

If you have any site related questions, don’t hesitate to ask us in the Support Center
Support Center

If you’d like to verify and receive a free gold membership, check out the Verification Forum
Photo Verification Requests

Need a map to the site? Check out the Guide.
Lpsg Guide

And familiarize yourself with the rules, :)
LPSG Rules

Remember to have fun and play nice!

The LPSG team

Reactions: Aldan and BillM

RJ5on1

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Welcome to LPSG! - Yeah, according to policy, don't even mention anything under the age of 18, not even about yourself... then you'll be safe from the LPSG police.

As you already know, this is a really great communtiy, and we hope your lurking days are behind you. Have Fun!