Hell's Kitchen: Ramsay vs Joseph

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by lookingforhung, Jul 22, 2009.

1. lookingforhung

lookingforhung New Member

Albums:
    Wow...well if any of you saw the opening two episodes of the show last nite, at the end, a marine named Joseph gets in the face of Ramsay and wants to fight. The previews for the next show a fire, ambulance/cops etc and the whole place going up in fire.

First time that someone has stood up to him like that.

What do you guys think about the whole situation?

2. D_Doewell Dadong

D_Doewell Dadong New Member

Might have to watch that when it gets showed go the uk

3. StormyB

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Rude and very tacky of Joseph, everyone that goes on the show knows how Ramsey is, if you can't take the heat then stay out of the kitchen. Yes Ramsey is a bit "over the top" at times, but the man knows what hes doing in the kitchen. Idiot Joseph, tsk tsk not very smart of him to get Ramsey upset :smile:

4. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Ramsay makes me appreciate the fact that I never wanted to aspire to become a chef if I had to put up with and tolerate his bullshit belligerence and ignorance. but a marine giving him back more than he(ramsay) dishes out, that's almost worth watching.

5. lookingforhung

lookingforhung New Member

Albums:
    Yeah, believe me, I get Joseph. I am a person that lashes out when my independence is threatened or if someone is being an ass. But as mentioned, he has seen the show before I'm sure.

I've wanted to join the military and huge part because I wouldn't have an issue killing another person. Does that make me more "manly"? stronger? No. That is just how I am.

Ramsay is one of the better CHEFS in the world..the show is about good food, and creating a great chef. You are a marine, I would hope you've been trained well enough to be able to kick a chefs ass. But the show isn't about that.

6. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

When I first saw the previews I thought great, But the kid is a huge asshole. I thought he was a Mass-hole, and in a way he is. (from Massapequa)

I think Ramsey will just tell him to get lost. The fire engine bit is because maybe there is a fire in the kitchen or it could be hype and could be a challenge where they feed firemen.

7. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah... saw it. I figure between last night's show and the recent Big Brother crew one of the questions on the application must be "are you an asshole". Both shows certainly have more that their share this season.

Presumably the marine and the Texan have seen the show and knew up front what to expect. The Texan (don't recall his name) had a big attitude problem when Jean-Phillippe tried to give him advice ("Don't touch me bro!" Bro??!? LOL).

And all Ramsey asked the other guy was which two should be eliminated and why.

Speaking of why, why the fuck would you go on a show knowing you were going to get dogged and then get pissed off when it happens, "DAWG"??

Fuckin' asshole.

8. edonline

Gold Member

Personally, I liked the fight with Jean Phillipe and Van, especially when Ramsay had to break it up, took them into the kitchen and told them to work together. Then when they were walking out of the kitchen, JP said, "Ladies first".

9. Gl3nn

Gold Member

Go JP! (have to stick with my fellow country mates, lol)

Van should listen to JP, he's got years of experience under Gordon... I think he knows best. And what's up with this... 'I'm gonna fuck you up, Bro' every five seconds?

And that guy that was talking back to Gordon... get a life... ' I ain't no bitch ' ... learn proper grammar to start with, and secondly it's a simple question... no talking back needed.

10. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol...yeah, for a guy who "ain't no bitch" he sure acted like one, eh?

A marine certainly is (or should be used to) a chain of command and to responding appropriately to directives. His behavior (imo) was a disservice to the Corps.

When you sign up for that kind of show you presumably are aware of the format, the chain of command, and the kind of situations you'll be placed in. A responsible person, therefore, would suck it up and take it like a man.

These are chefs vying for a top position in an Olympic location restaurant, dealing with a wide variety of people below and above them. And their idea of dealing with people is "don't touch me bro" and "let's step outside, dawg"??

Real class acts, those two are.

11. StormyB

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    With all this said, Joseph is one hot piece though teehee

12. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yep. Sad thing is they probably took the spots of two other serious contenders who now may never get the opportunity.

13. Northland

Gold Member

Given the way reality television is often staged, and that they didn't boot jerkoff out in that episode, I'd not be surprised to have the next episode finding Ramsay angry but proud that somebody stood up to him. Saying something along the lines of: "I admire that type of courage and appreciate your honesty about the situation. Now go on get back in line. Oh and one more thing Joseph, don't let this happen again, okay?"

Then Ramsay will toss out Robert because he hadn't honed his skills properly during his sabatical (for health reasons) and had returned to HK and disgraced the place by performing worse than he had in last season.

Later roars of pleasure will be heard in the background as Joseph, Robert and Ramsay engage in a ménage à trois.

I honestly don't believe Joseph will be going anyplace this week, other than back in the line-up.

14. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    I despise Ramsay
    So many people love his show
    grrrrrrr
    he created a Reality persona he now has to live up to
    Doubt its such a Great life that he lives .. in reality
    enz

15. StormyB

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't think they will do anything but squabble for a bit, but I do think Joseph will be told to leave, because Ramsey is really big on the "respect me in my kitchen" thing and will most definetly not take kind to someone egging him on in his own kitchen.

Draft saved Draft deleted