Help A Brotha Out...

ThickMeatJacker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've read with much interest the two recent posts about how women relate to words such as cute, hot, babe, etc. So turning the tables on the topic a bit, how would you like to be complimented on your looks? What verbage would you take in a positive light, and not find offensive?

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd rather not be called cute, because I feel like that puts me in the kid sister / friend zone realm. Adorable has the same connotation for me. I like to be called beautiful. Or if not that, be complimented on individual features. I dream of being called stunning, or having a man look at me and tell me that I took his breath away. That said, I do not want my name to be replaced with 'beautiful'. I went on ONE date with a guy. And he never once called me by my name. He just called me beautiful. It was annoying. Adjectives are not pronouns boys!

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sure, being called pretty is very flathering, but generally I'm more flathered when a person is being more specific about what he likes, like my eyes (cliche I know, but still flathering if really meanth), hair, jewelry, tattoos, figure, dress or even silly small things like the symbols on my pendant. But only say so when you really mean it, and don't repeat it over and over. Oh, and don't make it too big of a deal, be casual about it - you will come across more guinine, even if you allready were (nerves can really give a girl the wrong impression)

In all, just be honest and confident about your statement if you complimet a girl, and you'll be allright most of the time. PMS excluted.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd rather not be called cute, because I feel like that puts me in the kid sister / friend zone realm. Adorable has the same connotation for me. I like to be called beautiful. Or if not that, be complimented on individual features. I dream of being called stunning, or having a man look at me and tell me that I took his breath away. That said, I do not want my name to be replaced with 'beautiful'. I went on ONE date with a guy. And he never once called me by my name. He just called me beautiful. It was annoying. Adjectives are not pronouns boys!
This should have been a red light in my last relationship. He called me darlin', I thought it was a sweet, term of endearment. I later realized he called all women darlin' from small children, to waitresses, cashiers, and his other girlfriends. :mad:

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This should have been a red light in my last relationship. He called me darlin', I thought it was a sweet, term of endearment. I later realized he called all women darlin' from small children, to waitresses, cashiers, and his other girlfriends. :mad:

That's a bummer. It was really annoying. I appreciate that you think I'm beautiful, but that isn't really my name. =/ And he was shorter than me, and I'm 5'1''. Sorry. Not gonna work for me.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
keep it general. tell me i'm pretty or beautiful.
cute is patronising. hot is overtly sexual.
NEVER pass comment on specific body parts if we're not shagging...especially tits and arse. i'd rather be seen as a whole person tyvm.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i'm pretty open about terms typically. i like adorable and beautiful and cute and charming and pretty and sweet and stunning, all. maybe a few other adjectives i can't think of at the moment.

i usually dislike getting called honey or babe by strangers though, generally.
it's pretty common here in texas however (particularly the use of hun or hon) so i just shrug it off.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am flattered when a man actually listens to what I have said and replies to the subject that I am trying to discuss. I also like when he notices my admiration of him and maybe looks smug or blushes when I look him up and down.

I like it too when he gently tells me about the spinach in my teeth or a hair out of place in a way that says he is amused but not disgusted.

I like it when a man automatically smiles a bit when his gaze is upon me, as if he cannot help but be glad to look. There are no words to convey this better.

James Duncan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like it when a man automatically smiles a bit when his gaze is upon me, as if he cannot help but be glad to look. There are no words to convey this better.
I find this true. I love delivering the perfect compliment at the perfect time to my girlfriend, but nothing gives her the same satisfaction like a well timed smile of adoration.

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Not saying Yoda's not cute, but I certainly hope you're just a little better to look at than that :tongue:

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i like when compliments aren't generic, in general.
saying someone is attractive takes very little thought.

it's appreciated...but it's not going to catch my attention.

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cute is a word people use to describe a puppy, kitten, or toddler. I tend to prefer the word beautiful. It is more adult sounding, more civilized, and respectful.

Hey now, women say "ooh, he's CUTE" all the time, in that little sex kitteny way. Don't deny it. So if a man can be "cute" then so can a woman.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey now, women say "ooh, he's CUTE" all the time, in that little sex kitteny way. Don't deny it. So if a man can be "cute" then so can a woman.

i agree. it's not my favourite compliment, but it's not one that i'm upset by, either.

when i say a guy is cute, though, or a girl...it usually has to do with their disposition as well as their looks.