Help A Brotha Out...

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
Hey now, women say "ooh, he's CUTE" all the time, in that little sex kitteny way. Don't deny it. So if a man can be "cute" then so can a woman.

In general I don't call grown men cute. I say "ooh, he's cute" when it a little boy. I may say cute to a grown man, if he has done something funny; but to describe a man, I usually say "ooh, he's handsome or good looking".

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Any three or fewer politely worded compliments are great to me. More than three in a short span of time makes me feel very uncomfortable and squirmy. It's not beneath me to make a ninja-like escape from anyone coming on too strongly. I just expect politeness. "Hey curly, love your hair!" was called out to me recently and led to a very pleasant chat with a nice dude. "I like your breasts. This is very nice to me." was also said to me recently at a nude beach. While politely worded, it still seemed inappropriate, and I didn't like it. This led to me grabbing a towel and taking a little walk outside of the nude area.

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't like any compliments, I just assume you're up to something, or want something and if that's the case, I'd rather you just came out with it

What if they honestly from the bottom of their heart, felt that you were beautiful and wanted to express it to you?

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
eh whatever..who cares. As long as a guy doesn't call me a bitch, or something rude who cares?!

even if it is something rude...

they didn't exist before that moment, why should they exist now?

not acknowledging them as a human being is far worse of an insult, anyway.
chalk it up as a win.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is this why women can be so dismissive of compliments?

yes...because most men think they're being cute when they're screaming "hey baby!" out of their car windows, when all you're trying to do is get a fucking coffee before work and maybe a god damn buttered bagel.

so yeah...they pretty much ruin it for the rest of you. ;)

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually I was referring to a boyfriend situation, like your S/O telling you how gorgeous he thought you were, not someone you barely know saying it.
Guess I should have been more specific :tongue:

Last edited:

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually I was referring to a boyfriend situation, like your S/O telling you how gorgeous he thought you were, not someone you barely know saying it.
Guess I should have been more specific :tongue:

well...that just depends on the girl.

personally, when my S/O tells me i'm good looking in any way i usually say, "i know." because i don't like it, and it turns it into a funny sarcastic situation rather than an uncomfortable-i-don't-know-how-to-take-a-compliment-without-thinking-i-owe-you-something-in-return situation.

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not being able to take a compliment seems to be a big problem a lot of women have nowadays. So do you have problems giving compliments too? That is a trend I've noticed. Just curious if it applied to you too.
And many things can be given without needing anything in return. I've always complimented my ladies on qualities I liked about them, physically or otherwise, not in a sappy way. Sometimes they didn't know how to take a compliment either but I never felt the need for them to owe me anything. Just was showing my appreciation.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And many things can be given without needing anything in return. I've always complimented my ladies on qualities I liked about them, physically or otherwise, not in a sappy way. Sometimes they didn't know how to take a compliment either but I never felt the need for them to owe me anything. Just was showing my appreciation.

it's not about what HE'S expecting, it's a personal issue if anything. :shrug:

jawjagal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a woman that loves guys talking junk. A smile is wonderful. It can be any man, young or old, my SO or a stranger.

It is a compliment, ladies! He is attracted to something about you. Accept the compliment with a smile and a thank you. That makes you even more beautiful and a lady.

Sassy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I appreciate sincere compliments - I'll be old and wrinkly soon enough. Ironically, enough, the one person who doesn't call me "beautiful" is my husband. He doesn't care for the word.