Help - Are These Calvin Kleins Fake?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by dingdong, Feb 4, 2009.

1. dingdong

dingdong Member

Hi,

I have some CK underwear that has been really annoying me for the past few months, because they dont seem to fit right whereas the rest of the world seem to praise CK's fitting and comfort.

So, I was looking at two that I own, and noticed some strange things about them and I took photos of them.

In the first two pictures, they are from a CK 365 range. The first picture doesnt have the "5% elastane" on the frontside of the label :confused: Instead it is on the backside of the label as shown in picture 2.

The last two pictures are from the pro-stretch range.
    NOTE the spelling in the third picture: the "8% Lycra Elastane" is actually spelt "8% Lyctra Elastone" !! :eek::confused:

Am I right in assuming that these are fake? The pro-stretch is definitely a fake right because of the spelling mistakes? :confused:

If it helps, i bought them from ebay. The pro stretch ones came in boxes which had "photocopied" pictures on them, but I just thought that the seller just gave them in cheap boxes but the actual product was real :confused:.

Are these fake? :confused:

thanks! :smile:

Attached Files:

2. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

The words 'eBay' and 'flooded with fake Calvin Klein products' may be considered near-synonyms.

Various Far Eastern wholesalers supply the 'Lyctra' versions online, and that's a prime outlet for their stock. Even bona fide UK bricks-and-mortar shops have been prosecuted for stocking faux CK items in the past few years.

Still, at least they were cheap, I imagine. :rolleyes:
    *stumbles around to find a silver lining for this cloud* :cool:

3. dingdong

dingdong Member

yep they were cheap, so i suppose that is the silver lining :redface:

But i dont understand what you mean by the lyctra version being sold in proper UK shops? Are you saying authentic department stores also sell the "lyctra" versions? :confused:

4. Smartalk

Gold Member

Just goes to prove you get whatyou pay for !!

5. tom water

tom water Member

Albums:
    buy cheap... buy twice!

6. sixlittleboi

sixlittleboi Member

Albums:
    Lycra is a brand. Its elastane fabric. I have some Calvins from the 365 line and they also have the cotton 95% on the front and the 5% elastane on the back of the label. I'm not a counterfeit underwear expert but I did buy them at Calvin Klein's underwear shop so I'm assuming they are real.

7. toadstool

toadstool New Member

try ck model cotton they are the most comfortable you can get them at macy's for about 22.00 a pair they are worth every pennie

8. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

They have done in the recent past, but after a high-profile prosecution (of cash-&-carry Makro for selling fake CK jeans) in 2006, the situation is almost certainly improved now at all major retailers. But check 'em anyway; and market stalls could obviously be as unreliable a source as eBay. As could pound-shops. :rolleyes:

9. ElDorado77

ElDorado77 New Member

Albums:
    WHO BUYS UNDERWEAR ON EBAY?!?!?! are people that desperate for brand name goods? if you can't afford CK, just get hanes. they are just as comfortable, but OOOOH they aren't a name brand. Shit Michael Jordan and Kevin Bacon wear Hanes. So does Cuba Gooding, Jr.

HOnestly, have you ever had a guy/girl get you down to your underwear and then say "sorry, it's a no-go, you're wearing cheap undies"

that being said, I love my designer undies, but I buy them from a legitimate store so I know they are real.

10. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

I always head to the mens store in bloomingdales. Its a bit more but this way I know its not some black market knock off. Calvins are the most knocked off underwear brand out there. Sorry you had that problem.

11. ElDorado77

ElDorado77 New Member

Albums:
    please don't tell me they were used!?!?!

Draft saved Draft deleted