Help designing a bedroom

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
So my family is moving back at home, i am at college. House should be done by summer so when i go back home will be living there. I thought maybe you ladies could give me some ideas.

I need some serious help designing my bedroom. My mom is going to set the things with the designer and i don't like anything the designer says.

Can anyone give me any links to awesome setups that will be awesome. My bedroom is going to be huge this time, own walkin closet (not that i need it), own bathroom, etc. My fav color is green but i kind of want some black in the room whether it be walls, wallpaper, furniture, or the carpet. I told the designer this and she thinks im some goth freak and that is not true whatsoever. I just wanted some black in the room. Basically I am going to have a queen sized bed, some furniture, a computer desk, nice stereo, tv, and a few other things. I want it to be a room that people come over and are like WOW... and I also want it to be impressive to the ladies when i bring em home , you know...

Here were a few ideas i had:
1.) Really luxurious look: possibly something like a leopard spotted comforter and elegant furniture. You know what i mean, something like you would see in Tony Montana's house in scarface ;)

2.) Futuristic look: Metallic furniture, maybe a green or grey carpet. Maybe some of that tempered glass that has a greenish tint or even some glass blocks or whatever.

3.) White room, black carpet and furniture and accents with vibrant yellow, green red, and purple.

My parents told me to do it however I want, they are willing to pay for all the furniture and stuff and want me to make it good. Can anyone please give me some ideas and or pictures of this kind of stuff because me and the designer are not seeing eye to eye already. She thinks im crazy just because i told her i want black in the room and im not going to let her screw up my room.

I gotta act fast cuz we are doing the final meeting soon.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1.) Really luxurious look: possibly something like a leopard spotted comforter and elegant furniture. You know what i mean, something like you would see in Tony Montana's house in scarface ;)

a. I'd go for one or two pieces of stunning gilt antique style pieces of furniture, gold with an imitation zebra upholstery or black upholstery with cushions in zebra.

2.) Futuristic look: Metallic furniture, maybe a green or grey carpet. Maybe some of that tempered glass that has a greenish tint or even some glass blocks or whatever.

b. to a I would ensure the rest has a clean cool fresh look, glass blocks are good. Grey carpet.

3.) White room, black carpet and furniture and accents with vibrant yellow, green red, and purple.

c to a and b add intense colour which is good, but make it small, cushions, bedspread, bookcase? Fresh but not stark off-white (very pale green tint in white) walls would be good. Keep your stereo and maybe computer in black, maybe a black leather couch? The industrial look is cool but needs softening with some colour. You will tire of the colour so keep it small and changeable because it is necessary. I used to live in a white box!

This will all save you from looking old and stuffy, but one or two pieces of Italianate antique looking furniture will give a hint of style, and indicate a respect for tradition. Keep the zebra stripe though it will tie old and new togther.

Take this to your designer who will see how you can do it all with a bit of thought.

B_hungnate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always thought it would be hot to have a bedroom with mirrors on all the walls and ceiling around the bed.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd be no good advising you because my ideal bedroom would be based on a Hollywood idea of what a harem looks like, brass hookahs, satin jewel coloured cushions, a huge bed with an oriental silk spread over it, purple, red, blue voile nets draped with random yet artistic flair, floor standing brass candelabra. I don't quite know how I'd work my pc and desk into this theme.

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hot tubs, plasma screens, beautiful women! Make it look like the something from Scarface.

P.S. If anyone goes to Las Vegas, "The Peppermill" restaurant there does look just like the club scene from Scarface.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi fak_et,

The decorator works for you. Unless it's something that could fall off a wall or cause you to stub your toe every day she/he needs to do what you say. If it ends up looking like a space age brothel, thats on you not her. :biggrin1:

I bet your decorator thinks yellow, red, purple and green sound like like Skittles. :tongue:

There is no reason she should fear Black accents I love the idea of black accents as well as crown moulding.

A simple black crown moulding is a very good look against a cream or white wall.

Some ideas: a raised platform bed in a black or ebony tone wood. With mirrored drawers for storage underneath and black knobs

A padded black and cream leather or microsuede headboard.
It can be velcro'd to the wall and changed with the seasons if you so desire.

I love home decorating shows I can watch paint dry on tv for hours!
hahahaha :biggrin1: :tongue: :biggrin1: :tongue: :biggrin1: njqt466

Some of my fave home furnishing sites:

The Floor Stor - designer high grade carpet tiles

John Kelly Furniture - As seen on 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy'

Flavor Paper

Mosaic Tile Supplies - for the bathroom

Rugs USA

Swank Space

Smith + Noble

The Company Store - Down comforters and high thread count sheets

Achoo Allergy Relief products

Hive

So my family is moving back at home, i am at college. House should be done by summer so when i go back home will be living there. I thought maybe you ladies could give me some ideas.

I need some serious help designing my bedroom. My mom is going to set the things with the designer and i don't like anything the designer says.

Can anyone give me any links to awesome setups that will be awesome. My bedroom is going to be huge this time, own walkin closet (not that i need it), own bathroom, etc. My fav color is green but i kind of want some black in the room whether it be walls, wallpaper, furniture, or the carpet. I told the designer this and she thinks im some goth freak and that is not true whatsoever. I just wanted some black in the room. Basically I am going to have a queen sized bed, some furniture, a computer desk, nice stereo, tv, and a few other things. I want it to be a room that people come over and are like WOW... and I also want it to be impressive to the ladies when i bring em home , you know...

My parents told me to do it however I want, they are willing to pay for all the furniture and stuff and want me to make it good. Can anyone please give me some ideas and or pictures of this kind of stuff because me and the designer are not seeing eye to eye already. She thinks im crazy just because i told her i want black in the room and im not going to let her screw up my room.

I gotta act fast cuz we are doing the final meeting soon.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your designer sounds unimaginative; just 'cause you'd like to have some black in your room does not make you Goth! Black is a basic, like the LTB. I like green too and have incorporated black into my room. My walls are a soft sage green with yellow-gray undertones. All linens are white and cream: down comforter, sheer curtains, misquito netting over bed and white towels in adjoining bathroom. I have a king size iron bed and Mahogany furniture which consists of a huge tall dresser with a mirror and two night tables. I also have an antique pine armoire. I have an olive-sage chair with mahogany legs. I brought black into the room via black and white photography in black frames with a subtle gold wash, a leopard print footstool and a few leopard pillows. I have white candles and pinky-peach shells around the room in clear hurricanes with black sand. I also have a few tropical plants such as a palm tree and some pink orchids. My floors are bamboo wood and I have a soft cream rug. Leaning on the wall to the side of my bed is a tall, ornate gold floor mirror. In the spring and summer, I always have fresh roses from my garden- usually white, light pink or peach. I think my room is really restful and sexy, I get a lot of compliments on what I've done.