HELP! Do your nipples ever get dry like mine?

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
I've had this problem for a few months now and I don't know what's going on. My nipples have been really dry and no matter how much I moisturize, it goes back to how it was. I've used the same types of body wash, detergent, lotion, etc. and things were perfectly normal. However, I started seeing this change in my nipples a few months ago. Any ideas what it could be? HELP!

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Pawpaw ointment or a lanolin based cream though you might want to use nursing pads inside your bra so that it doesn't stain.

vennum

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lets hook up, my tongue will moisturize your nipples 24/7, 365 days a year....BTW, I have the same problem with my general down there....how about ur mouth as a moist inkcubater?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've had this problem for a few months now and I don't know what's going on. My nipples have been really dry and no matter how much I moisturize, it goes back to how it was. I've used the same types of body wash, detergent, lotion, etc. and things were perfectly normal. However, I started seeing this change in my nipples a few months ago. Any ideas what it could be? HELP!

Try Boudreaux's Tit Creme...it's basically udder balm for nursing moms. Friends of mine with new babies swear by it.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Pawpaw ointment or a lanolin based cream though you might want to use nursing pads inside your bra so that it doesn't stain.

Try Boudreaux's Tit Creme...it's basically udder balm for nursing moms. Friends of mine with new babies swear by it.

thank you dragonfly and hazelgod. although i do appreciate the humorous responses from others who've posted, this is actually a serious thread. i've had this problem for a while now and most women i've spoken to about it have no clue what it is. i will definitely try the ointment and creams. thank you again!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Also - avoid the run of the mill, off-the-shelf creams for nursing mums they don't help (IME) and are overpriced - I've never used the one Hazel is talking about - in fact I'm not sure it exists by that name* - the 'butt paste' is apparently great, but I can't find anything on the 'Tit Cream' (creme) maybe he means the butt paste - a zinc oxide could help - I have a different brand equivalent zinc oxide cream with almost identical ingredients and it really is multipurpose stuff - brilliant for wounds, cracked skin, overnight pimple zapping - everything.

Other than that - have you tried lip balm? Sounds silly - but try a moisturising lip balm if you can't get the Boudreaux's or the PawPaw stuff. A good quality moisturising lip balm will certainly aleviate your discomfort - either apply at night only or, as suggested already, get yourself some nursing pads to prevent staining your bra / clothes.

The drinking more water suggestion is good too :smile: Good luck, hope it sorts itself out.

* No offence HG - a friend is having a problem nursing at the moment so I looked up the Boudreaux's online to see if I could order her some and I just don't see it - are you sure of the product name?

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stacy,

Hopefully you have health insurance coverage. The first thing I would try is switching to non scented or hypo allergenic soaps......(laundry detergent......shampoo.....bath soap.....lotion.....etc.....) and see if this helps. Purchase some lanolin and put the breast pad in your bra like was suggested.

If this doesn't help within a week you need to make an appointment with a dr. (General Practicianer and let that dr. refer you to whoever else they think you might need to see.) It could be an allergic reaction to something.......It could be eczema......It could be hormones.......It could be breast cancer. It may just be chapped skin. It could even be an allergic reaction to whatever material your bra is made out of. (I prefer 100%cotton myself)

Please take care of yourself and let us know if your situation gets better......

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My *cough* girlfriend *cough* has had the same thing recently. She's at the gynecologist right now, also enquiring about a damaged flange. I'll let you know what the doctor says.

Phatdick

Sexy Member
Media
Stacy mine get Dry occasionally , its usually the weather and the type of soap you use , it could be the martial of your Bra ...and what you eat as well

Get some Hydrocortizone Plus Topical cream , once a day after shower for about a week a sure fix.

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
HazelGod I use to be a pharmacy tech I have not heard of Boudreaux's tit creme, but I have seen this:

Boudreaux's Butt paste:
Blairex Laboratories Inc. Health Care Products and Dietary Supplements
As you can see it is more for diaper rash.

Now a dry nipple can be caused by:
1. hormones
2. Scratchy bra (leave Victoria Secret alone for a while:wink:)
3. Use of commercial lotions that have dyes, perfumes, alcohol base
4. And of course breast feeding, which you are not worrying about now.

I have seen women use the following with good results:
1. Mother's Friend (although for lactating mom's it could work for you)
2. Eucerin Calming Cream
3. Udderly Smooth lotion
4. Olive oil or Lanolin

Apply them at least twice a day - after shower and at bedtime.

Okay hope that helps. But of course I have to put my disclaimer:
Always seek counseling from your OB/GYN before trying any of these.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey Stacy --- there are some good suggestions in this thread, and I'll add two more things:

-- Essential Fatty Acids (the "omega" oils) do wonders for the skin. Fresh oil is best -- you can buy it in the refrigerated oil section of a health food store or a vitamin shop. My fav is a brand called "Udo's Choice". One or two tablespoons a day (by mouth) really makes a difference for your skin.

-- Chlorine in the water is "evil" to skin that's going through a sensitive time. For about $50 you can buy a filter gismo that hooks up to your shower. It's then soft as rainwater on your skin and hair. (Available at many health food stores or online)

My daughter recently had a bout of eczema -- it happened out of the blue. After a visit to the doctor, this is how we got things back under control. The skin irritation/sensitivity cleared up in no time.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I forgot about chlorine and how evil it can be to my nipples sometimes.....drys them out. And then nylon matterial rubbing across them. After one of my pregnancies I think I had an allergic reaction to one of my nursing bras. I think I purchased the nursing bra at Target and it was made out of a nylon type material.

My daughter has eczema and it has a kind of a dry scaley look to it. (I asked at daughter's general check up) The dr. told us to avoid hot baths and showers and for her to use a steriod prescription cream.