Help..I have a hard time urinating

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by cockamania, Nov 20, 2007.

1. cockamania

cockamania New Member

Ok so I have a hard time urinating. I feel like I have to urinate all the time. I have had this for 18 hours. I also had a few drops of urine with blood in them.

Do I need to go to the Emergency Room. I am so scared I have never had anything that felt like this or hurt in my dick.

It feels like I need to Pee but I barely dribble out any urine.

PLease help me!!!

2. horneyoldguy

horneyoldguy New Member

Albums:
    could be an infect5ion, prostate, to mention a few things - suggest you see a urologist

3. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you running a fever or feel nauseated? It could be kidney stones...my son has had that happen to him 2x...he was in excruciating pain. It could also be a prostate problem or a urinary tract infection. I would get to a doctor if I were you...if you have a fever, I would go to the ER.

4. Sixofspades

Sixofspades New Member

If you can't pass urine properly go to the ER asap.

5. rexcasual

rexcasual Member

Don't wait around here for amateur answers to an obvious medical condition. A doctor will advise you on proper treatment.

Many men avoid doctors needlessly and wait too long for their own good. Make the call or visit an ER if you have fever, back pain etc.

Some advice: IF it turns out to be a prostate infection demand to see a urologist. A lot of GPs will prescribe fairly weak antibiotics which will fail to destroy the infection properly and the infection gets entrenched and keeps recurring – a chronic condition can develop that is much more difficult to correct. Going "nuclear" with really effective antibiotics as the first course of action is the best way to deal with these things. I learned this from my urologist when it happened to me.

Good luck.

6. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Go to the ER. Delaying could lead to big problems.
    Dave

7. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I agree, do go immediately to the ER. Blood, even very small amounts, in the urine should NOT be ignored.

My guess is probably kidney stones or infection; second guess would be prostate infection; third guess would be bladder infection. But as pointed out earlier, diagnosis should not be made online by non-physicians.

Go to the ER. Now.

8. horneyoldguy

horneyoldguy New Member

Albums:
    Let us know what the outcome is

9. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    You like your dick? You wanna keep it? Go see a DOCTOR!!!

10. wannabigman

wannabigman New Member

probly a uti. if u feel like you have to urinate all the time and u dont and also you bleed a bit its most like a uti. the doctor will probly give you an anti and tell you to drink lots of cranberry juice. the blood is probly from a cut inside your penis that wont heal. of course if the problem is untreated for a while it could lead to bladder infection. but u havent had it for long so dont let these other people scare you. I dont think the Er is neccessary, just make a visit to your GP ASAP.

11. ToBe

ToBe New Member

An urgent care office visit would be fine probably. An ER visit would be reasonable too, especially if you feel flank pain, the bleeding does not stop, and your urine output is very low despite drinking lots of fluids.

A UTI in a 30 year old guy is not very likely: about a 1 in 5,000 to 1 in 10,000 occurance per year. But, hey, it's not impossible. However, with these symptoms and age group, I'd suspect urethritis caused by an STD.

12. wannabigman

wannabigman New Member

if he is uncircumsized it could be likely

13. wannabigman

wannabigman New Member

tobe either ur a doctor or you researched before you typed. no ne remembers stats like that

14. SteveHd

Gold Member

Mr Wiswell's flawed opinion applied to children not adults. So uncircumcised is irrelevant for multiple reasons.

15. headhunter7nch

headhunter7nch New Member

Albums:
    sounds like clymidia "misspelled". a small version of more serious V.D.'s...,. your local health clinic can give you a shot of antibiotics..., they know what it is...,. just be careful where you bury that thing next time...,!!!

16. Adrian69702006

Gold Member

There are many possible causes for the symptoms described. For this reason I'd advise seeing a doctor as soon as possible. Take a saple of your pee with you in a sterile jar or bottle. A glass jar that's been washed, rinsed and sterilised in the microwave should do. If you're need to pee a lot but not beintg able to do much when you go - and having pain when passing water - it could be a UTI (water infection) for which antibiotics will be needed. Although some doctors get very excited when a man presents with a UTI, it's not so uncommon as those who believe in medical textbook myth might think. I've had them and they're no joke.

Hope you manage to get sorted. Let us know how you go on.

17. ToBe

ToBe New Member

The stats are approximate, but reasonably accurate. The point is, when you see a middle aged guy with urinary difficulties, UTI is not the 1st thing you think about. In the 50s, 60s, and above, then you start thinking about it more.

Taking your own urine sample won't really help. For diagnosis, you will need to use a sterile clean-catch technique in midstream and keep the sample at low temperatures with quick transport to the microbiology lab; otherwise the bacteria on your skin will contaminate the sample and proliferate.

18. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

You beat me to it!

19. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Id never ask for medical advice here!

20. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I'll go with the UTI. Bladder infection, get that checked man... I left mine for a bit too long and it went to my kidney.

Draft saved Draft deleted