Help: looking to improve my dress sense

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by titan1968, May 6, 2008.

1. titan1968

titan1968 Active Member

Albums:
    As I approach the end of my third decade, I feel the need to make a few changes in my life-- one of them has to do with the way I dress. I'm not a bad dresser, but I do feel that I need a little help. I used to get a lot of help from my friends-- and exes-- (which was always appreciated since I suffer from clour-blindness), but all of them lead busy lives (who doesn't?) and live far away.

Where could I go for help? What about a fashion consultant? Where could I find one? Would that be expensive? I could go to any shop in Montreal, but I'd feel that the salesperson is trying to trick me into buying his or her brand. Thanks for your help.

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

If there is a Large Department store; most of them have a personl shopping service. If you tell them about your life style, likes and dislikes they can pull things for you to try. The good ones will be honest with you. My advice is stick to well made updated classics made of good material and check workmanship in seams etc.
    Tell them about your color blindness...If you get basics in navy, grey, tan and white everything will go together. You can add a splash of color with ties, tee shirts and sweaters.
    Good Luck

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

4. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

6. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I own a plain green canvas kilt with no pockets. I wear it anytime I'm not at work. It's my favorite garment ever. Bifurcated clothes feel so confining after wearing a kilt.

7. kilteddong

kilteddong New Member

You should get one and try it out. Willing to bet you'll love the attention, the freedom and want more of them. It becomes an addiction.

Draft saved Draft deleted