Help me choose workout clothes

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Rikter8, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Alright...I'm not some fashion wizard and I want to join a Zumba class as well as a "butts and Guts" low impact class, so I have no idea what to wear. Not even a fathom.

What do I wear? I'm not looking to show off a bulge (Since I dont really have one), and I want to blend in.
    I prefer darker clothes to hide any unattractive curves, so no flourescent spandex for me.

Anybody have any selections they can think of from like Penny's, Kohls, Sears, Wal-mart, Kmart etc? Links to products would be OOBER helpful.

What kind of shirt? Dark T-shirt ok?
    What kind of shorts? (Sweat shorts, or?)
    Just Tennis shoes and white socks?

Serious request, help me out.

2. jsn649

jsn649 Member

Just wear clothes that you feel comfortable in, and something that will allow you to move freely. Any kind of t-shirt, sweatpants, track pants, or regular mens athletic (sweat wicking helps) shorts will be fine.

3. SCSea

SCSea Member

My rule is to only buy white, black or grey workout gear. That way, packing my gym bag is automatic - you don't have to worry about what goes with what. Also, avoiding light colors and heather grey cotton shirts means you aren't broadcasting how pitted out you are. It's a badge of honor for some guys, but to me, showing underboob sweat lines is too much of a reminder that I need to work on my pecs.

I like mesh shorts that hit the middle of the kneecap and loose-fit synthetic shirts with tails long enough to hit about mid-buttcheek.

For the shoes, as an, um, beefier guy, I find Nike Shox keep their cushioning longer than shoes that rely on foam for cushioning.

4. steven0995

steven0995 Member

Wear compression shorts underneath as support. Regardless of having a big bulge or not, you can bounce around during Zumba or any exercise and the boys can get quite painful.

5. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
  6. D_Alec_Baldtwins

D_Alec_Baldtwins Account Disabled

I like Under Armour's TNP t-shirts: Under Armour

They make a bunch of nice shorts, too - I especially like stuff from their Heatgear collection, of which this is just one example: Under Armour These have a 9" inseam, which will be at or below the knee. I wear shorter shorts, because I do a lot of running, but most men these days are so insecure in their masculinity and terrified of being painted as gay if they wear shorts above their knee, they wear this type of muslim-friendly garb instead. Myself, I don't give a fuck what people think.

Any of the major sportswear manufacturers make similar shorts and t-shirts. If you're on a budget, go to Target and grab something from the Champion C9 line - it's very good for the price.

Grab black shorts, because you can top them with any color t-shirt. Dark clothes also won't show sweat or go see-thru when they get wet, if that's an issue.

7. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    THank you for the links. I might get the blue top and the black shorts if I can find em.

8. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
  9. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    I sweat a lot, and find any layers of garments, like support brierfs or a jock, under my shorts to be just too uncomfortable. But I've also got enough heavy stuff between my legs that letting it dangle free unsupported is also out of the question. So, I take a bit of an odd approach. I wear fairly snug and somewhat stretchy fleece-lined shorts, which support everything tucked down my left leg. This does create a totally obscene bulge, which I then conceal by wearing a long shirt over the shorts. This works quite well-- it's cool, comfortable, gives good support without constricting, and hides everything that needs to be hidden. And when someone is cruising you, and you do want to show off a little, you can always make the front of that shirt ride up while you're wiping off the sweat...

Having said that, I can no longer seem to find the style of shorts I like in stores. So, I buy snug-fitting no-pocket full-length cotton sweatpants and cut them off and hem them just above the knee. (Having no butt to speak of, I've also taken in the back seam from time to time.)

Draft saved Draft deleted