Help me get rid of a bad habit...

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by Imported, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Imported

Gold Member

Thanatos: Well, I was simply wondering how to get rid of a bad habit, and I thought, of all people, maybe some here would be able to help.

See, I just talk about my cock too much. Not a lot, mind you, but enough so that it pisses some people off. I guess that it's the left over from when I was shy, and needed anyways to boost myself over some people.

Thinking back about this, maybe the ony real solution is to just "think before you open your mouth". Altought that's slighlty harder when drunk.

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Yes, Thanny, "think" is the secret.

When you're tempted to bring up the verboten subject, before you begin to feel the creak of your jaw opening, think of a song you know and sing it silently to yourself.

You can only consciously think of one thing at a time and if you're busy singing (even silently) you'll get past that tempting point of bragging about your big putz.

If the problem is sex, however, you may have to add a cold shower to the music.

3. Knight

Knight New Member

Hmm well I only joke about my size on the net and with my girlfriend, but she doesn't mind it ;) but talking to other people the size of my cock is hardly ever relevant so I don't talk about it. Drunk I have said a few times the size of mon penis but no one believes me lol.

Jokes I make are like "be back in a min, just going to drain the main vein, right after I pull it out of my sock" sarcasm is what I do, not really fact lol thats maybe why its not a problem for me. But yeah I would think about what you're saying and people would like you better I think if you weren't bragging all the time, and would be a nice surprise for whoever does see your penis if its the first time theyve seen it and not heard any stories.

4. txquis

Gold Member

I can understand how it could be impolite to talk about it, but...
    I've had hung friends who mention their dicks often.
    It just made me hope they would come out to play :)

But, seriously, you can break yourself of it...just like you could
    stop talking about any subject.

Gosh, i'm afraid i would do the same if i was hung huge :(

5. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    I guess I never really talk about mine that much because no one else around me talks about theirs much. We all know that we have them and leave it at that :) (We don't know how big each other is, so I guess that takes out any chance at bragging rights)

6. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I'm actually curious about some of the stuff you find yourself particularly saying, and to whom are you saying it? And in what situations are you more likely to talk about your dick (or its size or your prowess or whatever)?

7. Imported

Gold Member

Thanatos:
    - Well, I don't really say my size, but I often say the problem it brings up (like, too wide for proper penetration).

- Usually it's when I'm drunk/tired/horny.

About to whom it's said, there's no restrictions really.

8. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, the trick is to think before you say something. That's all the advice I can give.

9. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Hmmm, alright. Your past explanation for your behavior (e.g. being shy once, lacking some confidence) is interesting. As far as your present goes (e.g. drunk/tired/horny), it makes sense. Being drunk, your inhibitions are naturally lowered and, in this mode, you might feel the confidence it takes to approach someone of interest, especially if you're (a) horny and (B) receiving some signals that the talk is actually welcomed.

Friends getting pissed at you for running your mouth? Number one, and be honest now: Do you fancy any of your friends? Have an attraction that's there? It's one thing to rationalize it away -- don't want to fuck up the friendship. On the other hand, it's good to know (at least to yourself) how you really stand about your friend. Consider those that seem to be around more often when you start talking about your "problems" (e.g. too thick).

And if that's not applicable, just try to keep it down as best as you can. (If you actually like one of your friends, that's a whole 'nother beast.)

How to get rid of the habit?

Well, if horniness overtakes you, you could always cut it off (no pun intended, please forgive) at the pass by masturbating before you go out. That's always been useful for me, especially if my crowd of choice gives me some sexual tension. And if you happen to run into someone who turns you on, yeah, might be better for you if you leave the sexual innuendo in the bedroom. Think about it. Flirt a bit. Feel good about doing it. Snag you a hot li'l piece of ass, and then think -- if I don't say anything about it now, imagine the surprise they get when I pull it out.

Interrupting your problem actions with those not-so-problematic thoughts might help you out. Go cognitive!

10. Pappy

Pappy Member

Make sure brain is engaged BEFORE
    Putting Mouth in Gear.

Just a little advice I was given some years ago by a very wise person.

Draft saved Draft deleted