Help me stop worrying

NBRudy

Just Browsing
Media
I recently (1 and a half weeks) had sex for the first time with a girl. I was prepared. I had a condom, and I used it. I am pretty sure I used it right. It didn't rip, and I don't think it leaked over the top (it was spermicide so it would be hard to tell). I just keep thinking that she might be pregnant though. She isn't due for her period for about a week, and she told me not to worry, but she won't take a test.

My question is, should I be worried? What percentage do condoms work? I have heard everything from 80%-99.9%. It was a Trojan w/ spermicide if that helps.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did you roll it down all the way to the base of your penis? Did you leave a little at the top to collect the cum? Did it stay on while you had sex? Did it stay on when you withdrew from your girlfriend?

If you answered 'Yes' to all of the above, you used the condom correctly and it is over 90% effective. I have used condoms many hundreds and hundreds of times and only had one break once. I never got a girl pregnant either.

The only 100% effective method is no sex at all, but condoms, when used correctly come very close to being 100% effective. You must stop if you notice that it has torn. You must not reuse a condom. It is even recommended that you throw away a condom that you may have started to put on backwards. One tiny drop of pre-cum is more than enough to get a girl pregnant. I highly recommend using a water based lube on the outside of the condom. It greatly reduces the friction of the latex, reducing the chances of breakage.

Like I said, I've had one break out of 1000(?) uses. I think I have some experience here! ;)

LapDog2001 :p

wvalady1968: Rudy, I agree with lapdog. Sweetie, stop worrying. This is a normal reaction to first time sex. It's called "I finally did it, something awful is bound to go wrong Syndrome". It also happens with some people when they first start to masturbate.

Take a deep breath. Relax. Stop pestering her, and get on with your life.

Allie
:wub:

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
To be precise, if you use them correctly, condoms are 95% effective.

After that first time you do it, that's the one time you welcome her PMS.

NBRudy

Just Browsing
Media
I know her pretty well, she doesn't get too cranky when pmsing. I couldn't even tell the difference unless she tells me.