HELP ME! Wireless PCI Card Not Working

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've installed the drivers (I had the 'Continue Anyway' message though). It shows up in Device Manager, no conflicts.

However, when I go into Network Connections nothing is there! Its empty. So I can't use Zero Config. When I try to install the setup.exe from the CD I get a runtime error in the setup...

Anyone know whats up? This is really frustrating. My sound card that I just installed, also PCI is working fine. It's just this piece of shit.

Thanks!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The brand is Edup...probably little known lol it only cost £10. I get quite a good signal though compared to the old Netgear card (I snapped the connector on it by accident).

I don't know why but for some reason the Edup one was disabling the Network Connections service...then it was connecting but not showing it had connected (still getting the red cross on my internet icon). I restarted though and all is working fine now.

:smile:

I'm on XP Pro too.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Snapping the connector by accident, well if it still works, that's a plus. As for Windows, well, every card I ever used needed drivers to be installed without card inserted, a reboot with the card inserted and then the new hardware found walk thru had to happen. Just me, but the wireless interface in Windows XP should work, but my preference is to use the wireless interface that the card manufacturer provides as a utility to configure.

Funny, I have an Proxim Orinoco Gold ABG 8480-WD card that's a world standard card, I think it has like 17 channel frequencies. It's interface gives XP a fit. It's not the most Linux friendly card either, it needs proprietary Atheros chipset drivers and Ubuntu does provide them.