Help Me!

makersmark

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, DJG, I think you touched a nerve! Have there ever been so many replies in such a short period of time?!

OK, here's mine... if she's truly abusive and reportable to Child Protective Services... well, then, report her, dammit!

But otherwise... Last you checked, she was the only Mom you have, right? How I wish I my not-quite-so-perfect Mom was with me to this day; she left us almost eight years agoand, at 75, wayyyy too early. Treasure yours, dude... and by all means, make the best of it.

BUT... without compromising yourself... I'm not pretending it will be easy... and stand up for yourself when appropriate and... it's more appropriate and more often than you think. The only reason my Dad are still speaking is because 11 years ago I told him to stop yelling at me or I'd cut off all contact with him. And I'm about to turn 55. Funny, he went with his son rather than his anger. Amazing what happens when you draw a line in the sand. Remember that YOU are the one who has power and control, no matter how scary or threatening it may seem.

Draw it, dude. And treasure your Mom while you can... no matter how annoying she might/can be.

Love ya, DJG! I don't envy your position except for one thing... your Mom is with us and mine is waiting to greet yours. Which position would you rather be in?

Mark in Seattle

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
My mom sometimes makes me feel guilty, or nags me about my habits, but overall, I always just keep in mind that she is my mom, and that's what moms are supposed to do! My mom has told me stories before of how she used to be with her mom. She has told me how she sometimes dreaded answering the phone (and even sometimes wouldn't answer) when my gramma would call her to talk, because she was too busy at the time, and didn't want to get stuck on the line talking with her. My gramma died before I was born and my mom has told me how she wishes, now, that she had those moments, and phone calls, to do over. Whenever I get annoyed or nervous that my mom is giving me a hard time, I remember this, and it helps me to not get bugged with her. Really though, I get along great with my mom, and as others have said, losing her would be the greatest pain I could ever imagine! Just suck it up, and keep in mind that someday your mom may not be there at all, to keep things in focus, DJG.

Edit: I hope I don't come off too preachy or serious, especially if this thread was meant in a light-hearted way!:biggrin: