Help! My internet keeps cutting!

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Two nights ago i lost connection completely, i ran all tests and found no fault with my wireless connection or my broadband hub, there were no faults in my region as i checked my providers helpline.
Tonight i am losing connection again, it is allowing me on but only for a few short minutes until my browser loses connection.
I keep getting a windows report after scanning for problem report and am told there is a DNS error.

What might this mean exactly?

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Not sure Mitchy, i have been having this problem for a while now, it disconnects so much, even when it is working and i click to another thread or page i get a page saying Unable to display page and it does not save the previous work i have done. I cleaned out all my files, cache's, virus and spyware check to no avail, its so frustrating.

Me too - spent ages sorting a router out etc...still randomly disconnects when it says all is fine. Put me old one back instead cos it's more reliable lol.

It's not wireless is it?...or just normal and still cuts out?

The ones with internal antennae are useless. I got a new wireless n one cos the range is good - but it keeps doing that cutting out thing, so I went back to me old one. bah.

AlexSedai

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
First - try a simple ipconfig /flushdns & ipconfig /registerdns (Copy and paste that exact line into Start > Run)
This should hypothetically solve any issues where webpages just don't seem to be loading.
Otherwise:
Step One: Hard wire your machine - if this does not solve the issue, proceed to step 2
Step Two: Hard wire into your modem - if this does not solve the issue, proceed to step 3
Step Three: Contact (ISP) and ask them to test your modem - if this does not solve the issue, proceed to step 4
Step Four:Throw computer out window, kicking and pounding heals on the floor. (If this does not solve the issue, let me know.)

RalDudeHangin

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Is it a laptop? Some newer laptops have power routines that will reduce power to the wifi card. My Toshiba has an eco mode that kicks in automatically when I'm on battery power. I constantly loose my signal. But when I plug it in it's fine. I finally found a fix for it: set this power routine to max performance instead of "economy".

You might also want to uninstall your drivers and let windows re-install them. (Not quite sure how to do this, a friend walked me thru it.) Be sure your windows updates are current, too.