Help My Phone (Cell/Mobile)

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_ScaredLittleBoy, Aug 30, 2007.

1. B_ScaredLittleBoy

Hi. My phone has stopped registering calls since 03 Feb which is strange. If I miss a call all I get is a little red symbol in the top of the screen. It doesn't tell me who it was from or the time or anything.

My phone is a Sony Ericsson W850i ...anyone experienced this/know how to fix it?

I tried google but all I found were reviews :rolleyes:

Thanks!

2. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 Banned

Just had a word with a mate from one of the SE forums about this.....

Before you try the following, you need to know that you WILL loose all settings, & stored numbers. you can back up your phonebook to your sim first, so make sure you do this first before doing any of the following.

Best off trying a factory reset / master reset from your settings > general menu first (looking at my w300i here, should be the same menu wise generaly on all SE phones), then power off the phone, take out the batt / sim chip / memory card chip, batt back in, power up, get the no sim warning note up, power off again, batt out, sim in, batt in, mem card in & try again.

Failing that, I am guessing the firmware needs updating, which can be done with your USB cable (DCU - 60).

Depending if the phone is "network locked", you may need to take it in for a firmware flash, or if it's unlocked, go google for wotan server, & you can do it from there for about €7.

3. B_ScaredLittleBoy

Hmm cool thanks. So the only way is a factory reset? That seems pretty shit. I did read a few other people having this same problem. I'll write all the numbers down then do a reset *sigh*

Hope it works.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice