Help on butt lifting

Ignore the above. Those exercises do work the glutes but not as a primary muscle. The best exercises to lift the butt are glute hamstring raises and weighted hip thrusts. Also sprints help alot. I'm 40 and have the perky bum of a 20 year old from this.

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ignore the above. Those exercises do work the glutes but not as a primary muscle. The best exercises to lift the butt are glute hamstring raises and weighted hip thrusts. Also sprints help alot. I'm 40 and have the perky bum of a 20 year old from this.

Thanks. Ever since I got a desk job my butt turned to jello. It used to be so perky cause I used to bike around a lot for work but I got a better job, got a car and when work gives you food, well I've slipped.

ZaleKing

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

Ugh, thank you! I was going to ask a similar question.

I really just want a basic list of things like the best exercises that give max results and numbers reps, etc. to do daily to achieve a booty like this guy. I'm starting soon so I'll def start with your advice.

Attachments

Reactions: Gnarly Katt

Ugh, thank you! I was going to ask a similar question.

I really just want a basic list of things like the best exercises that give max results and numbers reps, etc. to do daily to achieve a booty like this guy. I'm starting soon so I'll def start with your advice.
That guy also has very developed hamstrings. So don't forgot to work those. Many of the exercises I mentioned work the central glute mass and the top of the glute that attaches to the back. Working hamstrings gives you that nice lower part.

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Squats and deadlifts have been staple exercises for a century, not just because they're very effective at building muscle but because they help build a balanced physique which is not only attractive but also helps prevent injuries.

Telling someone to do just hamstring raises and hip thrusts is like telling someone who asks you how to get big arms to "just do dumbbell curls bro".

Reactions: steel33

Squats and deadlifts have been staple exercises for a century, not just because they're very effective at building muscle but because they help build a balanced physique which is not only attractive but also helps prevent injuries.

Telling someone to do just hamstring raises and hip thrusts is like telling someone who asks you how to get big arms to "just do dumbbell curls bro".
I believe I said the other work the butt better, not to ignore them

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You are right though, a lot of people aren't aware of this and have an obsession with squats and deadlifts as if they are absolutely necessary for a strength or hypertrophy program.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/advanced-glute-training

roundmidnight01

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

YES! Barbell hip thrusts and hill sprints. Weighted side lunges will do wonders, too.