Help Please Help

D_officeflop

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey everyone, im looking for anyone who wants to help me out on here regularly. Im looking to lose more weight and get toned up. I want to achieve a six pack and muscular frame, legs, arms etc by this time next year.

Currently heres my stats:
6ft 2 height
i weigh 22 stone
cock: 6inches soft
9inches hard
7inches around

feet size: uk 13

can out there please help?

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
For those that don't know, 22 stone is 308 pounds (I think). I'm not an expert on the imperial system but I believe 1 stone = 14 lbs.

The only sure-fire way to lose weight is through exercise and a balanced diet. Before you adopt a weightloss program, however, you need to set realistic and defined goals. Wanting a six pack by next year is neither realistic nor specific. Wanting to lose 100lbs (7 stone) is a better goal because it's clear and you can measure your progress along the way.

Without going into too much detail, the best thing you can do is join a gym and hit the aerobic classes. Cut out the unhealthy foods (McDonalds, potato chips, fried stuff, etc.) and drink alot of water. 2.5-3L a day is a good number to shoot for. Water helps flush out the bad stuff you consume and increases metabolism.

For alot of articles on the subject, I suggest www.bodybuilding.com. It's pretty much the best site around when it comes to exercise.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mmm, 6'2, 22st and 9". Sounds HAWT - an all round big boy. Any chance of a torso pic in your gallery? :veryhappy:

Right. Now I've got that out of my system, to the matter at hand. I've been training at a gym for a couple of years now. In my case, it's to put on weight in the form of muscle. Every January, there's an influx of overweight people. They seem to be fixated on losing weight and do loads of aerobics in an attempt to burn off their fat. They've gone by late February/March. Bored, discouraged, disappointed.

I'd suggest you focus on building muscle and fitness rather than losing weight. You might not lose much weight, but you can lose fat tissue and gain muscle mass and improve your strength, stamina and cardio-vascular health. In my first year my weight stayed the same, but I lost 2" off my waist and put 2" on my chest. The thing that kept me going though, was how much fitter and healthier I felt.

It is possible to train at home, but most people find it easier to join a gym. At home you have to motivate yourself, but once you've got yourself down to the gym there's only one thing to do - exercise! Plus there's professional advice available there - you don't need a Personal Trainer for every session, unless you're very rich, lol, but you do need to be shown how to handle weights safely and how to do the exercises properly.

Being attracted to fat guys (amongst others) yet health-conscious, I've taken an interest in obesity issues. I'm coming to the conclusion that the body responds to the environment, not the mind. In other words deciding you want to be slimmer and making yourself eat less (dieting) will not work. Your body will percieve that there is less food around, and hold on to every calorie it can.

As I understand it, apart from immediate food intake, there are three resources the body turns to when demands (exercise or survival) are put on it.

The first is glycogen (the animal equivalent of starch in vegetables) which is stored in the liver. This is easily and quickly utilised. It's converted to glucose and released into the bloodstream to be used by wherever it's needed, primarily by brain cells and muscles.

Now you might think that the second resource would be fat. Unfortunately it's not. It's muscle tissue. Although muscle tissue which is not being used much. To the body, in an uncertain world in terms of food reliability, excess muscle is a luxury. It's expensive because even when at rest it consumes far more calories and oxygen than the equivalent weight of fat tissue. So the body will only grow muscle on demand - in response to the demands the enviroment puts on it - the exercise it gets.

Fat is the precious resource of the body. To be used gradually, and only when necessary. So push some weights, big boy - re-balance your fat/muscle ratio. Do aerobics, but only 20 minutes at a time. Three 20 minute sessions are much better than one continuous hour. Because your liver will provide the glycogen for up to 20 mins, and after that you'll start consuming (non-essential) muscle. But your body will give up it's fat to re-fuel the liver when it's at rest after he exercise. And your heart and lungs will benefit too.

D_Juan_Grande

Account Disabled
Media
Hi there. Depending on how much weight you want to lose, personally I would visit your local GP and discuss with them and they will give you all the support you need

Tremaine

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Dan
Walk places and cycle whenever you possibly can. Cut down foods high in carbohydrates and fats, that means bread, potatoes, chips, crisps, burgers and all other 'junk food'. Eat smaller portions and only regular means. 3 to 5 smaller meals a day is much much better than one large one. Eat more vegs.

Don't use lifts or escalators use the stairs. If you can look after one, get a dog so that you have to take the mut for a walk twice a day, then you will be forced to go for a good walk, come rain or shine. It is a great way to get exercise without the 'exercise tag' dragging you down. It is also a great way to meet other people, they will talk to your dog and then get on to you. That will make you feel better about yourself and improve the selfesteem.

Completely understand that not everyone is a fitness junkie. You will be surprised at how you will loose weight without having to spend ages at the gym - boring.