Help stop Neo-Nazi Festival in Aus.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Dragon, Jan 11, 2012.

1. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Dear Friends,

I'm asking for help to stop a neo-nazi music festival from happening in my home state of Queensland.

Controversial Hammered Music Festival for neo-Nazis to be held in Brisbane in 2012 | The Courier-Mail

"The controversial Hammered Music Festival, already being advertised through white pride websites, will take place in a secret Brisbane location in April and feature race hate music from international and local bands.
    The white pride gathering attracted protests and nationwide criticism last year when it was held on the Gold Coast, and a range of groups have already spoken out against the event."

What I am asking is for members of our LPSG community to e-mail the premier of my state Anna Bligh to voice your disgust at this event taking place.

Contact the Premier - The Premier of Queensland

Evil things happen when good people do nothing.

Please help.

~Dragon.

2. B_Jingoist

B_Jingoist New Member

I understand in Australia you don't have the right to free speech.

But as long as they aren't interfering with the rights of others, who cares what they say?

3. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    They proklame hate against other races... I would say it affects other people

And in amerika exist the right for free speach? Oh great, its okay to say kill all black people but you cant say "shit" or "fuck" on tv...

Yeah great example for free speach

Im happy to live in a country where it is prohibited to publikate hate but i still can say fuck/shit when ever i want...

i support the dragon

Its importent to stay united against hate

4. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Thank you!

Thank you, so much.
    We have such a large jewish community and socially aware people here on LPSG who would be utterly offended that a hate group was having such a gathering in a tolerant multi-cultural society like Australia.
    They are abusing our freedoms to promote their hate speech.
    So, in turn, I'm exercising my freedom of speech to bring this to the attention of the international community to bring an end to this atrocity.

5. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I saw the thread title and immediately thought "Neo-Nazi Festival in Austria". Wherever these events happen, I hope they get almost no turnout and a good dose of condemnation from the public.

PS - "... and feature race hate music from international and local bands." I had no idea that race hate music was a genre, but there you go.

6. monel

Gold Member

Interesting how you show your solidarity against hate, intolerance and bigotry with a cheap anti-America slam.

Dragon, I feel for you and the decent people of your community. I despise the numerous neo-nazi groups that infest our societies. I do not, however believe that they should be shut down and their existence hidden. I think that the more they display their hateful beliefs, the more harm they do to themselves. Good people react to their rhetoric by speaking out against them and marginalizing these groups further. Should this spectacle go forward I hope many more protest against them to show that this kind of hate is not welcome.

Good luck.

7. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    it wasnt a bash against amerika... It was an answer to jingoist post.
    It was him who sayd in australia would be no free speech and so on...

So you can put my comment down to the point, that i think less free speech is sometimes better then to mutch.

Its not against amerika but against the spirit of jingoist post...

The only critik on amerika in this post is the way you understand "free speech"

As i posted, why is it legal to publish and broadcast hate against other races but its prohibited to say words like fuck?
    I think you put in this case the messurments wrong. Some bands, radio cannels or website hoast out of amerika, would be a long time in jail in germany and i would guess in other countries also. But in amerika its legal...

Thats no bashing but a legal critik/question

You think they should say what they wanna say. Cause by this they would harm themself more then anyone ever could...

But the problem is for this you need a high edjucated soziety... As soon as someone isnt smart enough to understand that their "solutions" arent realy solutions they gonna get him.

And their propaganda works greate for kids... In spezial their musik
    And children useually arent all smart enough to understand everything...

So why shouldnt we take them their strongest weapon away and prohibite at least extreamest speechs and lyriks?

#7 Perados, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  8. Jason

Gold Member

In theory if a citizen of a country other than Australia wishes to voice an opinion about an Australian matter they should do so by writing to the Australian ambassador (or high commissioner) in their own country. Writing direct to an Australian politician is the natural route for an Australian citizen.

If people do feel strongly about this matter I suggest:
    1) they need to do their own research and understand just what it is they are protesting against.
    2) look up the name and embassy/consulate address of the appropriate person and write to them by name.
    I think this would be an effective way to get a point of view across. The ambassadors/commissioners will be reporting back to Australia very frequently and will be very sensitive to issues which get Australia a bad press abroad.

9. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

With all due respect Jason, the lions share of Queenslands income comes from international tourism.
    This is a Queensland issue with it's state laws.
    Not a federal issue.

If the international community voices disgust to our Queensland premier it goes directly to the source of state laws.

10. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Will do, have several friends in Qld i can send the link to also, family there
    but ... not into such.

Can rest assured as hell the white supremacist mob / similar non morals, big mob of them incl Skinheads in Christchurch, will likely attend and bring a similar copycat festival here.
    Tame lot the Kiwis compared to Aussies, their one will be totally underground gauranteed.
    Never saw them get out and shovel up the liquefaction, at times of the earthquakes....

11. monel

Gold Member

That is a fair question. Though I believe words like fuck and shit should not be banned from broadcast TV - and the Supreme Court is scheduled to hear a case on this very topic this session - such words have been deemed to be offensive and without merit. "Hate speech" though despicable, is political in nature. It is therefore more difficult to prohibit such speech under the constitution. Here, the preferable response is contrary speech. The First Amendment to the Constitution is not designed to protect the speech with which everyone agrees. It is designed to protect that speech that causes controversy..

12. Perados

Gold Member

Albums:
    i understand what your constitution should protect in this case... But your constitution protects also every single member of your nation, no matter what race, sex or what ever.

Now you have to desite what is more importent...
    To protect every kind of speech (even a speech that trys to organise as mutch people against others as possible) or the single individuum...

And please read the edit of my former post

13. monel

Gold Member

The Constitution gives the highest protection to speech of a political or opinionated nature. It considers "curse words"- for lack of a better term - to be less worthy. It does not outright ban such speech but limits them by "time and place " restrictions. For example, swear words on TV are prohibited from the "safe harbor" times, generally before 11:00pm. Any other restrictions are usually voluntary on the part of the TV networks.

Draft saved Draft deleted