Help with bondage/rope selection

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by fak_et, Jul 23, 2010.

1. fak_et

fak_et New Member

Been tryin all kinds of new stuff lately. I want to stock up on some bondage gear, I have some basic stuff but does anyone have any advice on where to get rope, what kind to use, and how to tie people up comfortably and securely. Id imagine i could probably use anything and tie it however but some pictures I have seen online seem very effective.

Any other props you think ishould get besides:
    rope, handcuffsfs, clothespins, whip/similar, blindfold/gag, some penetration toys, etc.

2. pain4anangel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well it all depends on what you want to accomplish. I actually have a large collection of items and even started making my own. I actually buy rope at the home improvement store. You want to find a rope that is very smooth and will not chaffe. There are some great instructional videos online put out by Two Knotty Boys TwoKnottyBoys.com Also, before you begin rope bondage, pick up a pair of EMT shears (http://grandmesamedical.com/shop/images/87%20utility%20shears%207%20inch.jpg). Rainbow Rope and Twisted Monk also sell several different kinds of rope but it can get rather pricey. Rainbow Rope - Bondage Rope, Medical Toys and More! & TwistedMonk.com - Home. Safety is also very important during rope play as you can easily cut off circulation and run into some problems very quickly (reason for the scissors).

You can pick up a package of clothesepins at the dollarstore. I would not recommend using paddles, whips, floggers, or canes unless you have had some training because you can do serious damage to someone. You can pick up very nice cuffs online. I have a few pairs of wrist cuffs. One is leather with a faux fur lining and are very comfortable. Do not use regular metal handcuffs as they can cut into the wrist.

There are many different types of gags available depending on what you are trying to accomplish. Simple blindfolds are easy to obtain too. I would recommend checking out Bondage Gear, BDSM Equipment, Sex Toys, BDSM Toys from Jt's Stockroom and eXtreme Restraints | Fucking Machines, Sex Toys, Bondage Gear, BDSM equipment and Electrosex products.

Never use regular candles if you decide to do wax play. There are special low temperature candles available that are safe.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    P4A did a great job answering your question. As bondage isn't so much my thing as other expressions of extreme play, I'll elaborate on one thing she wrote and add another.

1) I would not suggest that, as a novice, you begin by tying down wrists or ankles directly at all. P4A mentions leather cuffs (lined or unlined) that can be worn on either wrists or ankles or both; there are versions available with metal rings attached. These rings are probably safer and simpler to use with rope than anything else, in my experience, and when properly used will render the sub as immobile as you'd like. And as these cuffs buckle on and off, they are easy to remove quickly should the need arise.

2) I've also gotta concur that novice Doms should avoid floggers, whips, canes (especially) without some proper instruction and experience. There are several excellent resources for instruction depending on where you live. Here in FtL there's Leatherwerks, which sells gear and offers classes in everything from lifestyle Sir/boy dynamics to bondage to fisting. Major metropolitan areas around the country have similar places for leather gear and other BDSM accessories (not just sex shops) and should be able to network similar information and support for you.

There are also organizations that may help you gain experience in BDSM play: The Body Electric comes highly recommended, and Beyondleather(dot)net has chapters throughout the country, though they are completely pansexual, so don't be squeamish about accepting info from a Domme :tongue:

Good luck and remember to keep everything safe, sane and consensual.

4. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I have to second the lined leather cuffs. We have the ones lined in sheepskin and they're great! Very comfortable, impossible to get out of, and there's no worry that you'll damage the nerves or cut off circulation to the hands or feet. The D ring on them makes them very versatile.

5. Bunny35

Bunny35 Well-Known Member

Albums:
Draft saved Draft deleted