Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyone else have this problem with www.cam4.com ? Normally anyone may chat to any of the people camming, just enter text, hit enter, enter a handle in the popup and it'll keep using that name for the duration of that session. Since yesterday, no matter what name I enter, it says "invalid username or name already in use". I don't think I've been banned, so what's going on?

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have the same thing. Sadly you have been banned. I too don't know why I was kicked out (oh the shame!) but it still is in place for me, a few months later. Sorry to say they dont lift the bans either.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Glad you asked- same thing has happened to me as well and am mystified...

CardiffDillon

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's so easy to get banned by cammers there. It's a good idea to listen in on the chat for a while before logging in, just to get a flavour of the cammers attitude. I've been banned for just asking if it's ok to join in the chat. The odd thing is that I've seen really abusive, racist, sexist and everything else-ist chat, and that's been tolerated.

cheers

Dillon

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have the same thing. Sadly you have been banned. I too don't know why I was kicked out (oh the shame!) but it still is in place for me, a few months later. Sorry to say they dont lift the bans either.
Well I was banned by individuals before, but it said "You are banned" and after three (as others say, some will ban you for breathing) I was locked out for three days, but then it didn't ask for a username.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's a pretty stupid system, just banning for no good reason. I would have liked some sort of explanation - the shame of being banned from a site like cam4 is quite awful!

D_percypenguin

Account Disabled
Media
As a broacating user of cam4 I'm very greatful for that ban button.

and I have it written in my cam4 profile that if people keep on demanding i self suck that I may possibly ban them which I guess could seem harsh to some, But They'll get over it. ( I should like to hope)

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you can contact kim@cam4.com with your IP address.
Thanks. (I know this is one of those things you ought to know but) Where do I find my IP address?

(It really would help if it said "You are banned" so you'd know where you are, instead of making an arse of yourself trying other usernames, etc. And providing this information somewhere on the site. Where is it based? It seems to have a high proportion of non-US guys on it.)

Last edited:

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a broacating user of cam4 I'm very greatful for that ban button.

and I have it written in my cam4 profile that if people keep on demanding i self suck that I may possibly ban them which I guess could seem harsh to some, But They'll get over it. ( I should like to hope)
I agree. If I were broadcasting I'd ban all those people who bark orders, and anyone who sends a link to another site (especially if that's all they send).

I've tried to 'verify' multiple times using different email addresses. It never sends an email to my email address to confirm. It has nothing to do with being banned. Sometimes I get an error message. Anyone who is having problems, are you using Mac? I am. I have a feeling that is the issue. It's the idiots at cam4.com's problem......