Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ok, I know I don't really post here too often but I do lurk around here pretty frequently. I feel even weird to talk about my problem but I do kinda need help in this since I'm kind of a virgin in all aspects of relationships.

I'm not out at all and I'm just starting to fully accept my life and actually seeing a future as being gay. So recently I met this guy at some sort of event, but I have always seen him around my high school (he was a senior when I was a freshman and I always had a slight crush on him) and sometimes we may end up at random parties together. Right now, we're both in our early 20s. But this time, he came up to me and actually introduced himself to me and we actually had a long conversation; he met my whole family there too. We somehow ended up exchanging numbers and 'friending' each other on Facebook :rolleyes:

I didn't think anything would happen but fast forward a couple days, he texted me to go out with him to eat (never specified it was a date or not). However, I declined and told him next time definitely because: 1. I had pink eye, 2. I had to study for a big test the next day.

And since then we occasionally text each other all the time but that "next time" never came. There's so many signals that he keeps sending me through texts like complimenting my new hairstyle in such a way that NO straight man would ever say. And even calling my sister to check up on me. Whenever I'm in his part of town, I always text him and once even had the balls to ask him to hang out (which didn't happen due to my own time constraints). Lately though, we don't text each other as often as we did when this whole thing first started a couple months ago. But sometimes he can surprise me.

Sorry for this whole wall of text but I tried to make it easier on the eyes :smile:. I just want help because I've always had this thing for him and God gave me the chance to finally do something about it. And I told myself that I don't want to let this chance go without at least trying something for it instead of relying on faith. So please give me some advice. Thanks a lot!

Astiran402

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
He seems like he's into you. Maybe he's thinking the exact same thing as you are - worrying if you like him back too. If he wasn't interested in you then he would not even have bothered doing all those things. You should initiate the relationship and ask him out, you have nothing to lose so just go for it!!

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fortune favors the bold. If you don't risk some rejection, you will always feel regret. Rejection sucks, but regret is worse.

Very true. I think your friend is also wondering if you are interested.

Faint heart never won a fair lady - or man. Give it ago, give him a call. If it turns out it is not to be, at least you have closure, and can go seek fun in other pastures.

Best of luck to you, and keep us updated. I am rooting for you!

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, I know I don't really post here too often but I do lurk around here pretty frequently. I feel even weird to talk about my problem but I do kinda need help in this since I'm kind of a virgin in all aspects of relationships.

I'm not out at all and I'm just starting to fully accept my life and actually seeing a future as being gay. So recently I met this guy at some sort of event, but I have always seen him around my high school (he was a senior when I was a freshman and I always had a slight crush on him) and sometimes we may end up at random parties together. Right now, we're both in our early 20s. But this time, he came up to me and actually introduced himself to me and we actually had a long conversation; he met my whole family there too. We somehow ended up exchanging numbers and 'friending' each other on Facebook :rolleyes:

I didn't think anything would happen but fast forward a couple days, he texted me to go out with him to eat (never specified it was a date or not). However, I declined and told him next time definitely because: 1. I had pink eye, 2. I had to study for a big test the next day.

And since then we occasionally text each other all the time but that "next time" never came. There's so many signals that he keeps sending me through texts like complimenting my new hairstyle in such a way that NO straight man would ever say. And even calling my sister to check up on me. Whenever I'm in his part of town, I always text him and once even had the balls to ask him to hang out (which didn't happen due to my own time constraints). Lately though, we don't text each other as often as we did when this whole thing first started a couple months ago. But sometimes he can surprise me.

Sorry for this whole wall of text but I tried to make it easier on the eyes :smile:. I just want help because I've always had this thing for him and God gave me the chance to finally do something about it. And I told myself that I don't want to let this chance go without at least trying something for it instead of relying on faith. So please give me some advice. Thanks a lot!
Sounds like you're both in love, take the chance, go for it.

Last edited:

blankagus

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Sorry for such a late reply. Thanks so much for the compliments and advice. But funny how the day after I posted this, I saw him the next day and actually hung out with him the whole day today. He's really nice and he seems to be a touchy feely person. I don't know what else is gonna happen after this because once again it was never specified as anything lol. But I shall keep you guys updated!