Help with new phones!!

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It seems my old, reliable, trusty, dusty, 1st generation Motorola RAZR has finally gone to the great cell phone heaven in the sky. Probably from too much hacking. :biggrin1: It was a great phone, very reliable, and will be missed!!

My contract with ATT has been up for over a year now. It's rare that I ever call anyone or they call me. Guess that's why I have over 4500 rollover minutes built up. And even more extremely rare that I do the texting thing.

So I'm finding myself in need of a new phone only because I drive such long distances everyday. So I figured that if I'm going to get another one, I might as well get one with everything, right? But what to get? So I'm hoping that I can get some really good input from those of you with a smart phone on how you like it, what you have, what you can do with it, and it's reliability, so I can figure out which would suit me best.

So far this is what I would like to have in a smart phone:
*Not impressed with Apple anything
*Large screen
*must be unlocked
*would prefer it to run a Linux OS but not necessary
*surf the net anywhere on the planet with any system
*GPS mapping
*big memory with expandable memory
*must be able to survive extremes like racing and horses
*Bluetooth and USB

I know, not asking for much am I? :tongue:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It seems my old, reliable, trusty, dusty, 1st generation Motorola RAZR has finally gone to the great cell phone heaven in the sky. Probably from too much hacking. :biggrin1: It was a great phone, very reliable, and will be missed!!

My contract with ATT has been up for over a year now. It's rare that I ever call anyone or they call me. Guess that's why I have over 4500 rollover minutes built up. And even more extremely rare that I do the texting thing.

So I'm finding myself in need of a new phone only because I drive such long distances everyday. So I figured that if I'm going to get another one, I might as well get one with everything, right? But what to get? So I'm hoping that I can get some really good input from those of you with a smart phone on how you like it, what you have, what you can do with it, and it's reliability, so I can figure out which would suit me best.

So far this is what I would like to have in a smart phone:
*Not impressed with Apple anything
*Large screen
*must be unlocked
*would prefer it to run a Linux OS but not necessary
*surf the net anywhere on the planet with any system
*GPS mapping
*big memory with expandable memory
*must be able to survive extremes like racing and horses
*Bluetooth and USB

I know, not asking for much am I? :tongue:
I don't know of any phone that uses the Linux OS but I'm sure you could hack into it and load it.

Why do you let your horse use your phone? They don't have opposable thumbs so they can't be texting. :tongue:

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Why do you let your horse use your phone? They don't have opposable thumbs so they can't be texting. :tongue:

ROFL!! Trust me when I say that the horses manage to steal it from me and put it back when I'm not looking. They're always using my power tools in the barn when I'm away. The last time they actually built something was when it rained, and rained, and rained to the point of actually starting to worry. They were attempting to build a yacht. They considered the biblical Ark too small and low class!!

Thanks for the tips guys. That Motorola Q global looks sweet!! Does anyone have any info on the Blackberry Storm due out next month? Someone mentioned that to me today.