Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi there.
well if you mean yahoo chat servers for camming i've personally never had success with them, if you mean yahoo instant messenger then they work fine - i use yahoo instant messenger a lot and there is no problem there - you need to sign in.
What problems have you had?
Col

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
You must connect a webcam device to your computer. This is usually done using a USB port located on the front or back of your computer. After plugging in and installing the unit, turn on Yahoo! Messenger and select "Invite to View My Webcam" under the "Actions" menu. After selecting someone on your buddy list or typing in a user's screen name, you can transmit webcam feed to that other person. You can do this with multiple screen names as also you may view multiple web cams once invited to do so.

For webcam options -- such as whether to notify members of your buddy list that your camera is on or accepting or blocking incoming cam requests automatically -- click on "Preferences" under the "Messenger" menu.

The refresh rate -- the rate at which your PC will snap continuous photos of you, which is ultimately what a webcam feed is all about -- is largely dependent on your level of broadband access; cable modems and DSL provide faster refresh rates. Yahoo includes a Super Webcam option. If you and your other pal are connected to each other's webcams and are not connected to other incoming feeds or viewing other outgoing ones, the refresh rate will automatically increase. You can turn this option on or off.

The video quality is largely dependent on your camera, though Yahoo! software really doesn't do much to improve that. For more information on how to adjust these settings, consult your webcam manual or help options packaged with your installing software (if available).

You don't have to install any other software other than the Yahoo! Messenger. Your webcam may feature its own software, but I've found that the cam works just as well in Yahoo otherwise.

Be forewarned, though: Not that I've had the greatest luck with Yahoo anyway, but I have a simple Logitech webcam that hasn't been able to connect to or receive cam images from the latest update to Yahoo (v7.5.0.819). I don't know if the subsequent update will correct this problem or not. It doesn't really matter to me since on the rare occasion I do cam, I just use MSN. Better refresh rates and video quality there, even though you can't view or receive multiple cam requests.