help

stan: i need to know if jelqing makes your penis bigger when you have an erection or just bigger when your flop???
and is it ment to make the penis get thiker or longer??? ???

shadow: My experience with jelqing is that it makes both the flacid as the erection bigger. It also increases the girth.

Yknarf: I think it only gives you a bigger floppier softy and a thicker erection but it has had no real effect on my length. Also probably increases the size of your cock head when erect.

If you really pulled very hard and managed to stretch your suspensory ligaments then you could increase length but that is very hard work!
F

rockabilly_guy: If this really works I would investigate pronto!

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Good responses here, fellas.

I too, can attest to the jelq technique as improving girth and the flaccid dimensions. That's about the extent and the benefit of jelq per se. Some improvement in erect length IS there, but it's minimal to what one would desire and expect from all the work!

That's why I can see that "other" techniques (like natural exercises and throwing in a session or two of a [quality] extender device) can supplement one's overall results.

Don't lose sight of the fact though that jelq is a wonderfully "conditioning" regimen all its own which improves circulation deep within the penile tissues---VITAL to good sexual health in that area of the body.
So, jelq is not all for naught. ;)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=tripod2004 link=board=pe;num=1079594285;start=0#6 date=03/21/04 at 02:52:57]what is 'jelq'?[/quote]
Sounds like a word for masturbation. Probably of Semitic origin, judging by the orthography.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=jonb link=board=pe;num=1079594285;start=0#8 date=03/21/04 at 15:10:36]

"Sounds like a word for masturbation. Probably of Semitic origin, judging by the orthography."

[/quote]

Sorry. While I can't "rattle off" more fancy words! ;)
I might be able to shed (some) light here.

The term "jelq" may sound like masturbation--particularly to those who have never heard about it or practiced it. From what I have read over the years and come to understand about it (and, have performed many of these techniques myself), jelq originated in the Arabic communities many, many years ago and was a practice that was customarily "passed down" from generation to generation among fathers and their sons. Developing penis size seemed to be quite a "custom" if you will. Large sizes (even back then) were much sought after. So--what else is new? Fathers encouraged their sons to begin jelq at about the age of 12 years or so. The wealthy families supposedly even employed masseurs to assist these sons in learning the proper ways to perform jelq. (Can you imagine? I can just read now the comments to follow here that I probably have generated from just having stated that!)

When observed, jelq certainly LOOKS like masturbation, but if the various conditioning techniques (and the DURATION of the exercises!) are followed with any faithfulness, then the "pleasure" of stroking becomes hard work....disregarding the pun, of course. Deliberate long "milking" sessions (slow and methodically) for minutes and minutes on-end and conducted daily comprise the main technique, but-- there are a few" twists" thrown in for variety (i.e. specific conditioning goals). The aforementinoned thundersplace website indeed does cover the topic very well...probably one of the best, most logical internet sources, really. Just stick with the basic jelq techniques, though. There can be some (proven!) risks to the more elaborate jelq sessions which introduce bizarre techniques that are plain foolish, IMHO. Those advance jelq maneuvers are certainly NOT for the novice. --You've been forewarned.

My point is to not take "jelq" too lightly here. It's for an expressed purpose and if indeed taken seriously, it can often produce favorable results--primarily conditioning the penis for improved circulation and improved sexual health and performance along with that sideline of some beneficial increases in girth for many men. As I have noted so very often here, jelq doesn't necessarily contribute to significant LENGTH improvements for the most part...Just girth gains of 1/2 inch (or slightly better) over much time.