Help

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by qwert1243, Mar 7, 2007.

1. qwert1243

qwert1243 New Member

i just got my wisdom teeth pulled today, and it hurts like a son of a bitch. Im taking tylenol 3s and ibuprofen, lot of help thats doing:eek:uch: but anyways, can anybody tell me how long it will take for it to start actually healing and feeling better

2. dong20

Gold Member

6-8 weeks.:eek:

Nah, typically 24-36 hrs before the swelling peaks, and assuming no complication you should be well on the mend in 3-5 days.

3. Principessa

Gold Member

In addition do warm salt water rinses; this will help take away the soreness.

DO NOT Smoke or drink anything through a straw or you will get a dry socket. This is a horribly painful thing which will hamper and extend the healing process.

4. Onslow

Gold Member

I vaguely remember having two of them extracted. I was awake for the procedure and due to the rooting they had to cut the danged things in pieces and then remove. I bled rather heavily afterwards--the dental surgeon thought I might have a vitamin K deficiancy, but I was merely booze soaked. The pain subsided rather quickly, and the healing began. I still have my other two wisdom teeth.

Draft saved Draft deleted