Helping out a Hung Friend

Icarus213: Hey Folks,

I posted this on another thread, but I wanted to make it its own topic to get all your feedback on it:

I've made a habit of helping out a friend of mine every time we go out to meet girls or just have fun. He's kind of a shy, awkward dude, and he's not that good-looking, but he's got a huge dick (way bigger than mine, even). He's a nice guy, but he lacks a lot of self-confidence, so he never has a lot of luck with the girls. I'm a lot more outgoing, so whenever we go out to parties or clubbing or whatever, I always try in the course of the evening to put in a word about his size (if it's appropriate). It's worked quite a few times now, and he always thanks me for it afterward. His size is acutally the only thing he IS fairly confident about, so he doesn't mind if it's the center of attention. I always tell him if he takes as much pride in himself as he does in his cock, he'll be a chick magnet. 8)

What do you think: am I being a good friend, and is there more I can do to help him out?

Thanks for your input!

ish789: hell i could use help with selfesteem 2 so someone please post lol. Im not exactly the best looking guy either.

Tender: well seems ok except wouldnt your friend get tired sooner or later of girls only going out with him for his dick?
or is that all he wants from them?
seems pretty shallow to me...he might eventually wish he had something else going for him ya know...
sounds depressing...
:-/
Tender

Donk: Well, in a way, you're a better friend than some of mine. For some reason, whenever we used to go out scouting for chicks my buds wanted to keep my size a deep, dark secret. Go figure. :)

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I have to "side" with Tender on this one. :)

While it's commendable that you're helping your friend make social connnections, he should not base his self esteem on his penis size alone.

I hope he'll eventually get this figured out. Otherwise, I worry about him AND the quality of his future relationships.

throb919: Icarus, I think you're a good pimp--uh I mean friend. Sorry--friend! Seriously, though. One of the best things you're doing is trying to help boost his self-esteem.

I always tell him if he takes as much pride in himself as he does in his cock, he'll be a chick magnet.
Good man. Good friend.

MikeyLikesIt: [quote author=benderten2001 link=board=meetgreet;num=1069641281;start=0#4 date=11/24/03 at 19:50:55]I hope he'll eventually get this figured out. Otherwise, I worry about him AND the quality of his future relationships.[/quote]

I'm with bender (and Tender) here too. While I think that what you're doing comes from the best possible intentions on your part, there may be other ways you can help your friend see what he has that's truly valuable to offer. Sure he may meet some women and have some fun, but when he sees that's all they're interested in him for, I think he'll be back to being lonely- if not lonlier!

I've been in that boat before, so I can relate :)

Icarus213: Hey, I appreciate the feedback, and you're all pretty much right. He's not looking for a committed relationship at this point (we're college age...you know the time of life), and really just getting his feet wet with girls, so the aim is, I admit, inherently pretty shallow.

For the future, though, you're all right...it's going to be his value of himself as a person that wins him someone meaningful.

Thanks for the input, guys (and Tender ;) )