here come the lobbyists...for obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Flashy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Flashy

Gold Member

2. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    Sure would be interesting to know who they are and the industries they are from or against anyone know?

3. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    We'll find out soon.

The article was a commentary by Mrs. Dan Senor who is a RAGING conservative. The article had absolutely no substance and she didn't even outline his policies on hiring ex-lobbyists, which is a journalistic no no.

Lobbyists can work in an Obama administration... just not for two years in an area related to their work as lobbyists, according to the candidate’s proposal released earlier this year.

I sincerely think that he wanted to have a brick wall policy against lobbyists, but found out that a significant portion of his advisors were either ex-lobbyists or planned to lobby in 2009.

Lobbying isn't the problem
    . It is the type of lobbying that fucks everything up... as an American... I don't give a shit if someone from the Beef Lobby wants to work in the State department. I just don't want Oil lobbyists running the Department of Energy and Chemical and Coal lobbyists running the Department of the Environment.

It's pretty simple.
    Campbell Brown gets on my nerves sooooo fucking much! She needs to grow a fucking set of lips.

4. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

O “how sweet it is”

Will the ObamaBots be shattered now that they find their leader is just another two-bit hack of a liar or will the ObamaBots hone their liberal-apologist roles with well, more liberal apologists excuses?

Watch Obama’s lies here …

Commentary: Obama already struggling with lobbyist promises - CNN.com

After campaigning on promises to end the influence of lobbyists in the White House:

At least one official initially involved in the transition appears to have been reassigned because of concern about his lobbying or legal work. Henry Rivera, a former Democratic commissioner on the Federal Communication Commission who was involved in planning for the agency’s transition, has dropped out of that role because he had represented clients on communications policy in the last year, the newsletter Communications Daily reported Friday.

Instead, on the list that was made public on Friday, Mr. Rivera was listed on the team handling science, technology, space and the arts.

The rules permit people who have lobbied in one area to join an Obama transition team in another. (With Mr. Rivera is Jim Kohlenberger, executive director of an advocacy group for Internet companies.)

Transition officials said that their policy went further than any previous White House to avoid self-dealing or influence-trading in the formation of the new administration Now just a fucking minute Obama, you said this wouldn’t happen period!

Among the group handling the Justice Department and civil rights areas of the transition is Theodore Shaw, a litigator for an arm of the N.A.A.C.P.

David J. Hayes, part of the 12-member group overseeing the transition and co-head of the team handling the areas of energy and natural resources, is the chairman of the environmental practice at the law and lobbying firm Latham & Watkins. He was personally registered as a lobbyist as recently as 2006, for clients including San Diego Gas and Electric.

Sally Katzen, another member of the supervisory group who is also on teams for the office of the president and government operations, was registered last year to lobby for the pharmaceutical company Amgen on Medicare reimbursements.

Louisa Terrell, another member of the top working group, is on leave from the public policy office of the Internet company Yahoo!

Tom Wheeler, another of the 12, is on leave from a firm that invests in technology companies and before 2004 lobbied for the cable television and wireless industries.

John L. White, a former Clinton official charged with overseeing the new Defense Department, is a partner in a firm that invests in defense contractors.

Michael Warren, charged with overseeing Treasury, is chief operating officer of a firm that lobbies for clients including the U.S.-India Business Council.

Several of the officials have ties to Fannie Mae (who gave huge money to Obama), the government-backed mortgage firm whose implosion this fall contributed to the financial meltdown. Thomas Donilon, overseeing the State Department, is a partner in the law and lobbying firm O’Melveny and Myers who until three years ago lobbied for Fannie Mae. Wendy R. Sherman, the other official charged with reviewing the State Department, once headed Fannie Mae’s charitable foundation.

Mr. Lu, the transition’s executive director charged with policing potential conflicts of interests, may have his own appearance problems. His wife, Kathryn Thomson, is a lawyer who represents corporate clients dealing with federal environmental regulations, while his older brother, Curtis Lu, is a top lawyer for Fannie Mae.

Mr. Lu has his work cut out for him in deciding which apparent conflicts may be of real concern, said Robert Walker, a Washington lawyer and former staff director of the Senate Ethics Committee.

Sandy Berger, the Clinton national security adviser, founded Stonebridge International, a consulting and lobbying firm focused on helping clients resolve government issues here and overseas.

Mr. Berger took with him Mr. Warren, the former executive director of the president’s economic council who became chief operating officer of Stonebridge and has now become a major contributor to the transition in the pivotal areas of the Treasury Department and economic policy. Although not a registered lobbyist, Mr. Warren helped manage Stonebridge while it lobbied the government for clients including the U.S.-India Business Council within the last year as well as Dynergy International, Airbus and Conoco in earlier years. (More of Stonebridge’s business involves using government expertise and connections to help corporate clients abroad.)
    Some transition officials now work at firms that do business with the agencies they are examining. John O. Brennan, a former Central Intelligence Agency official working on its transition, is president and chief executive of the Analysis Corporation, an intelligence contractor.

On the NASA review board, Lori Garver is now president of a strategic consulting company, Capital Space LLC, and previously worked for the aerospace company DFI International.

Among the transition officials charged with reviewing the Securities and Exchange Commission — likely to come under significant scrutiny amid the financial meltdown — is Mozelle Thompson, who runs a legal and policy consulting business for companies including Facebook.com.

(The Bots will especially love this one!) One name on the transition list comes unencumbered by potential conflicts but instead by bad luck. Jami Miscik, leading a review of American intelligence agencies, was the head of intelligence analysis at the Central Intelligence Agency during its biggest embarrassment: the botched assessments about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction. Then she moved on to become a senior official managing risks in emerging markets for the investment bank Lehman Brothers, until its collapse this fall.

1BiGG1 Commentary: Suckers! :rofl:

5. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    You are truly a dense son of a bitch. The CIA got it right about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction... it was the office of the president that was hell bent on using false information that the CIA deemed to be bogus.

You need to stop getting your news from biased sources. Your cut and paste of a right wing blog was really impressive.

6. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

LOL! Gotta love it! :cool:

Here is information directly from the CIA completely debunking your conspiracy theory …

https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/general-reports-1/iraq_wmd/index.html

And my alleged “cut and paste of a right wing blog” = no, that would be a cut & paste from the very-leftwing New York Times :wink:

7. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't give a shit where you cut and pasted that report... you are the one who cut and pasted without citing your source.

The fact is that George Tenent told the office of the president that the Aluminum tubes were bullshit and that the document about the supposed yellow cake Uranium purchase in Niger was a forgery. It's all on the record. Why must I look through the CIA website to read their redacted report that contradicts reality? That is your responsibility in disproving what I said.

I mean... it's common knowledge, why is it that you don't know that?

Tenent knew that the evidence was faked and the Neocons pressured him to lie down and submit like a good dog and he did just that.

Why do you think that Goss purged the CIA in 2005? They purged the CIA of the honest people that were NOT in league with the Neocons.

If you weren't pro-Bush and a good Nazi... you were asked to leave the CIA.

8. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

I put forth the information from the original story which mentioned the source was the New York Times. I didn’t think I needed too spell it out for you. :wink:

Sorry for your confusion here but you stated ” The CIA got it right about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction... it was the office of the president that was hell bent on using false information that the CIA deemed to be bogus” and I returned with a link showing your statement is pure bullshit.

You will just need to accept the FACT that Obama’s staff pick of ”Jami Miscik is leading a review of American intelligence agencies, was the head of intelligence analysis at the Central Intelligence Agency during its biggest embarrassment: the botched assessments about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction. Then she moved on to become a senior official managing risks in emerging markets for the investment bank Lehman Brothers, until its collapse this fall” just like the article says she was. :rofl:

9. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    You linked to a page that had about five different hyperlinks.

I am not gonna sift through fucking CIA redacted documents in order to prove reality to you. That is your job.

I'll be waiting for you to quote the statements from the CIA website that support your bullshit theory.

10. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Everyone not elected in Washington is a lobbyist. If you're not a lobbyist, you once were. Obama will forgive those past sins, but you better not fuck up. I'm positive that this new administration will cash the election captial provided by the electorate and do what he campaigned on. Afterall, I get to vote again in 4 years and he needs 8 to accomplish his mission.

11. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

More proof Obama is a two-bit hack of a liar that sold the ObamaBots on cheap sound-bites. He is not even in office yet and proven a liar!

Obama selects Tom Daschle as health chief - USATODAY.com

The high-level involvement by Daschle shows that Obama is "back-pedaling" on his pledge to keep special interests out of his White House, said Craig Holman of Public Citizen.

"This a source of concern," he said. Obama "is starting to embrace a good deal of lobbying."

Daschle, 60, works as a policy adviser for the law firm Alston & Bird on health care, climate change and other issues, according to a statement released by Obama's transition team. The firm's health care clients have included CVS Caremark, Bayer and the Generic Pharmaceutical Association, federal records show.

"While Daschle may comply with the letter of the transition rules, questions can be legitimately raised about whether he complies with the spirit of the rules," said Ellen Miller, executive director of the Sunlight Foundation watchdog group. "We know that many power brokers never register as lobbyists, but they are every bit as powerful."

:eek: WTF? Where is the outrage from the Bots that they got suckered? Does anybody else think Obama is lying about that birth certificate also since he hired three law firms to defend him instead of simply showing it? I know I do!

12. Scrufuss

Scrufuss New Member

Is it the prozac you stopped taking?

13. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

:wink: You got suckered and don’t wanna admit your failings like the rest of the Bots. I’m thinking it would be a cakewalk selling oceanfront properties in Utah to the Bots, Obama sure did!

Obama = “These SuckerBots will buy anything cus I’m selling them line-of-shit after line-of-shit and they still run around worshiping me like I actually mean it lol!”

14. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tom Daschle is AWESOME!!!! I thought that he was a terrific senate leader. He is a good and principled man and he will make an excellent Secretary of Health and Human Services. He is about twice as intelligent as Tommy Thompson.

15. Scrufuss

Scrufuss New Member

Yeah thats it. I got suckered in. Won't admit it. Cakewalks on oceanfronts, yeah that must be it..
    You just keep telling yourself that, believe it, don't let it go, because I am sure it brings you much calm and reassurance some how...

16. D_Tintagel_Demondong

17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

18. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Good point.

Joe Biden:

"Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008 (Watch video clip)

"Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me." --speaking at a town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." --apparently unaware that FDR wasn't president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time (Watch video clip)

"A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States — Barack America!" --at his first campaign rally with Barack Obama (Watch video clip)

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs."

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." --on Barack Obama

"I got tested for AIDS. I know Barack got tested for AIDS. There's no shame in being tested for AIDS. It's an important thing."

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. ... I'm not joking."

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Ironically, if I did a copy/paste on Palin's verbal blunders, I would have to post twice. But carry on. :biggrin1:

20. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

1BiGG1: "More proof Obama is a two-bit hack of a liar that sold the ObamaBots on cheap sound-bites. He is not even in office yet and proven a liar!"

----------

1BiGG1: The campaign's over You lost. GET OVER IT already.

Please take yourself out of campaign mode. This guy's your president too now. Lobbyists are like six degrees of separation. Everyone in Washington can (somehow) be traced back to one. Wait & see how he tackles the problem of reducing lobbyist influence. GIVE THE DUDE A FAIR CHANCE.

And lighten up. Nothing more pathetic than a bitter, bitchy Log Cabin Republican.

Draft saved Draft deleted