Here comes the sun

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know it's nothing compared to the tsunami disaster or what the people in Iraq are dealing with or the AIDS crisis in Africa (or lots of other big issues), but I have to say I am sooooooo glad those of us living in southern California have been allowed to get reacquainted with El Sol. There were torrential rains when I was away for the holidays, apparently, and they continued once I got home. My power has gone out twice - once for 36+ hours, which has NEVER happened to me before. Finally, this past week, the clouds parted and the sun emerged. I know this sounds like nothing but day after day of biblical amounts of rain makes you realize we're spoiled and somehow have started believing that "weather" only happens to everyone else. :p

D_that's a tall order

Account Disabled
Media
Originally posted by SurferGirlCA@Jan 17 2005, 03:49 AM
I have to say I am sooooooo glad those of us living in southern California have been allowed to get reacquainted with El Sol...makes you realize we're spoiled... :p
[post=275006]Quoted post[/post]​

I am sure that the sun was happy to get back to shining down upon your lovely self, SurferGirl.
;)

B_HungSpermBoy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by SurferGirlCA@Jan 16 2005, 10:49 PM
I know it's nothing compared to the tsunami disaster or what the people in Iraq are dealing with or the AIDS crisis in Africa (or lots of other big issues), but I have to say I am sooooooo glad those of us living in southern California have been allowed to get reacquainted with El Sol. There were torrential rains when I was away for the holidays, apparently, and they continued once I got home. My power has gone out twice - once for 36+ hours, which has NEVER happened to me before. Finally, this past week, the clouds parted and the sun emerged. I know this sounds like nothing but day after day of biblical amounts of rain makes you realize we're spoiled and somehow have started believing that "weather" only happens to everyone else. :p
[post=275006]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm glad you're ok. :D

surf221: i agree... when i was home over break this winter wasn't too great being excited to get home and see my family...but then there was no sun...

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
I know how you feel its been the same way around here on the east coast with all the minor snowstorms and all, but its jsut been overcast and the temperatures went from 60 degrees and last night it got down to 4, so yes the sun is nice to have back even if it is cold, but i missed the moon more personally.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
The weather forecast for Central Virgina this coming weekend is for a "weather event."

They're saying we'll either get and inch of rain or ten inches of snow.

I'm moving to Florida. :wacko: