Here's a little story of what happened to me

strikingapollo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If you would read my profile it says 50%-50%. Well thats because I was in a 6 year relationship with the most beautiful woman I've ever met. We met in high school sophomore year and ever since then, we were never apart. We were planning to get married next year(2009) because thats the time I would graduate from college. But in 2006, we broke up because she couldn't stand a long distance relationship. I had to live in another city for college. It devastated me, almost drove me to the edge. I wanted to die right then and there.

Then suddenly I met this guy who was living in the same dormitory as me bu he was 2 floors down. He was Filipino-American but looked more caucasian than asian. We became good friends. Before I met him, he already used to see me around the dorm because I was one of the freshmen councilors but I never noticed him. I was a year older than him. He asked me why I suddenly changed because he used to see me so full of life, full of energy. Always laughing, always smiling. But now I looked like hell. Since we we're friends, I confined to him and told him what happened. We became closer since then. He was the only one who comforted me. Once again I felt loved. I felt like someone cared. We we're both straight so I thought it was how brothers would care for each other. Then we got kicked out of the dorm. Me because of coming home in the middle of the night drunk or fighting with the other, him for arguing with the RA's, directors, and other councilors. Since our parents already met each other, they place us in an apartment. We became closer until eventually, I fell in love with him. It was nothing sexual, it was love which I felt. And I dont think he was my rebound person or something. Although we never had sex, we would jack each other off from time to time. After a year, his parents found out and did not approve. So they made these elaborate lies about me so he would hate me and leave me. And the worst part is, the bastard believed them.

It hurt me so much because we were together every minute. He knew every single detail about me. So up to this day, i still keep wondering how could he believe them when they could not even provide evidence. Its been almost 2 years since then. But i still miss him. He was the first man I loved and he broke my heart.

After him I had other flings with both men and women. But I still miss the first girl and the first guy i loved. I guess its true that first cut is the deepest. So now Im single and looking for someone new. Problem is, im confused if i should look for another girl or another guy.

Sorry for the very long post. If any of you have gone through this, share your thoughts. :smile:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Don't hate love, be open for the next person, woman or man. It is right that the first cut is the deepest, but it is also a way to learn from it, allthough it is in a bad way. You will be fine man, just don't close yourself from other awesome people.

strikingapollo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I know. Its just that its been so hard for me to keep a relationship because of the fear that Im gonna get hurt again. Its not easy for me to love that why when I do, I give my heart and all. I know its cheesy but we're all like this when were in love. LOL.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
Hey, strikingapollo, first, <big brotherly hugs> for what you've been through. You got hosed, and you're still hurting and confused by it.

Many of us have been through relationships (either with members of the same sex or the opposite sex) that ended in a bad, confusing, just-plain-wrong way.

We don't know how he felt about the relationship, but it sounds like he was being pulled in different directions or maybe even confused about how close he was getting to you. Just a guess, but we don't know what was up with him.

To me, what he did says a lot more about him than it does about you. Don't let it hold you back from going on and finding and enjoying plenty of other people in your life before you find the one who is The One.