Herman Cain is a "faux black"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BF2K, Nov 2, 2011.

1. BF2K

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    HC is a "faux black" and should be "outed" for being what he is!!! A white, wall street dude hiding behind his black skin!!!!

2. Klingsor

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not sure I even want to get into who's "really" black and who isn't. It's enough for me that I don't agree with Cain's positions or see him as a serious candidate.

3. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    dumbest shit ive ever heard.

4. sargon20

Gold Member

So one has to be white to be Wall Street?

5. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, the premise of the post is that there must be some criteria that one must meet to be qualified as a bona fide "black", though I can't recall ever having read "the manual". Perhaps it was lost in the mail.

There are, however, black people who embrace certain precepts of the more conservative agenda, and still others who think they do because (like their white counterparts, of course) they are not fully apprised of exactly what the ideology entails. They, like everyone else, arrive at their political perspective by the sum of their own personal experiences.

Therefore if someone like Cain believes his personal success is the fruit of his own making ("I got mine, get yours" mentality), then it's highly possible that this person would believe (as Cain does) that one's failure is solely of one's own fault. His right to think so. OUR right to disagree.

Cain, whatever he is or isn't, embraces ideology that is counter to that which I (and many others) value. He demonstrates a lack of understanding of certain complexities - difficulties with which many have to deal. He (and his counterparts) show an unfortunate brevity of compassion, imo (electrify the fences, indeed).

Black, white, whatever, Cain would not be an option.

6. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This is silly.

7. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not clear what's behind the OP. It just seems like deliberate provocation to me.

I'm also not clear on how HC can be called "faux Black": he's obviously African American. There used to be room in the GOP for people of color: I can remember when Ed Brooke was one of my senators. He was genuinely both Black and Republican, and an honorable public servant as well.

If any of this is because HC declined participation in the civil rights movement yet clearly profited by its (eventual) outcome, then it can be discussed. But we already have a HC thread half-way down the page.

Color me perplexed.

8. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is either one of the most outrageous examples of ignorance and stupidity I've ever seen or it's blatant trolling.

9. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Both.

10. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

So what are you saying about black people?

11. sargon20

Gold Member

12. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think the OP was attempting to sarcastically parrot the old, "if a Black man is conservative then we hate him because we don't own him. He has stepped out of his place (the Democratic party)", line, that is used by the radicals like Coultard to characterize liberals as condescending and elitist.

Fail. Don't project your racism on anyone else.

#12 vince, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  13. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Like I said: trolling.

14. rawrg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Black is not a culture, a way of life, or an identity. It's the color of your skin. I don't act white. I am white, because my skin is white. That's it.

15. itsthepopei

itsthepopei Active Member

Albums:
    Uh i misplaced my manual on how to be properly black and ended up a successive game designer perhaps i should follow the "code" to correct this maleficence."oops big word."

the primmis of this is completely off the mark and insulting. Cain is an idiot he has serious I.D.10.T problems and will be completely destroyed by the media if he makes it through the obligatory republican sex scandal. It has been obvious this laughing real is nothing more than a sham candidate to break up the christian Conservative vote and thus give romny the nomination only the plan back fired and the stupid sauce the republidiots have been feeding their base has come full circle to bite them in the ass now can we get to something more interesting than...w8 this is awesome.......

Draft saved Draft deleted