Herman Cain?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Countryguy63, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Info??

I must say that I was hopeful, but disappointed :frown1:

2. houtx48

Gold Member

I don't see him going anywhere but where he is at right now...........The Republican Field sucks and not in a good way.

3. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:
    While Perry and Romney go after each other like two prom queens wearing the same dress, Cain is actually talking about solutions.

Sklar

4. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    solutions to what? the republicans in congress stonewalling every effort to energize the economy?

5. houtx48

Gold Member

Repbs figure if they can crash the country they can buy up what's left at fire sale prices and then rule like ''religious'' royalty.

6. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    A write up today re. Mr. Cain:

Is Herman Cain's race the real elephant in the room?

Cain says he's against "entitlements", and his flat rate tax plan sounds interesting, if in the fine print that means no "entitlements" for the rich either.

Eliminating corporate and financial (i.e. credit and banking) regulations translates into "fuck the consumer", imo.

He defends the Tea Party against allegations of racism, but he's expressed a reluctance to include Muslims in his administration??? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF???

7. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

Herman Cain has some good ideas but comes across like a field hand. Like it or not, Romney is probably going to be the Republican nominee but at this point, it looks like anyone can beat Obama.

8. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

Cain has some interesting ideas....I dont think many of them are actionable, but he is way out of the box.

IMHO the GOP is moving into the same civil war scinario that defined the Democrats from 1968 to 1980. You have Establishment Republicans who fear loosing control of the party (like the old Dem machine politicos of yesteryear); a second faction (the TP) that envisions itself as the future of the GOP and has a highly motivated base (think Eugene McCarthy); the Evangelicals, who seem to be hitching their star to the TP (think Dixiecrats); and somewhat silent faction that believes simply wants government out of their pocketbook AND bedroom.

Allot can change over the next year...)and I love your analogy Sklar about the prom queens)...but the way things seem now, the GOP will be more focused on eating their own rather than winning a general election.

9. cruztbone

Gold Member

Cain's 9-9-9 solution, along with his idea that no legislative bill be more than a page long, is simplistic and typical of someone who heads a regional , low grade pizza chain joint. He accused Obama of being a liar. really? lets give Cain a polygraph test about how his own workers are treated , their working conditions and their pay and benefits. He is pathetic, and acts like a clown in a corporate suit. All the GOP candidates are childish dwarves. Obama is the adult in the race. God bless Obama.

10. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

Stonewalling what idiot? Give examples please. Obama had 2 years of total legislative control to do something about the economy and chose instead to push through unconstitutional healthcare legislation. And BTW, dont even refer to the house stalling on the this new jobs bill. the bill could not even pass the democratically controlled senate even if the house did pass it.

Durbin says Democrats don

11. sargon20

Gold Member

Field hand? Ahh makes me long for the good old Plantation Days when life was so much simpler.

12. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It took long enough for a Cain thread!
    If his poll numbers go up then you'll see comments get hateful and negative...real fast and ignore everything obama has done to the country.
    Obama can't run on his record that's why you'll see him blame congress and the rich...and of course the american people because we're "too soft".

13. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I have heard this from US friends, Dem and Repub alike.

14. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

The problem with Cain is that he is simply not viable. He can talk, but if he doesn't play the game his own party will roadblock him into obscurity. There are good members of the GOP but unfortunately none of them are running for President.

The most viable and most likely to attract conservative democrats is Mit Romney and prom dress or not I would be very surprised to see anyone else running against Obama. The problem is that I think Romney to the Presidency will be the same as Swarzenegger to the Governorship of California. He is not a puppet that the most extreme can control and that will work against him. The GOP has the worst problem in it's history. The extreme is not electable and the electable is not extreme. What I suspect is that the GOP candidates as the time gets closer will all try and massacre each other. If they become a bunch of squabbling ingrates they will destroy their own party and assure the second term of Obama. At the same time it is against the personalities of a few of these individuals not to go for the throat so the extremes just may nuke themselves if they are not careful.

15. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Cain has made his distaste for LGBTs loud and clear. He's no one I could even consider voting for.

16. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    hence, one of my disappointments :frown1:

17. Klingsor

Gold Member

Albums:
    From the cited article: "How many gay people does Herman Cain actually know? I have a suspicion not many."

Perhaps the question could be amended somewhat: "How many gay people does Herman Cain *know* that he knows?"

The actual number is probably more than he would care to admit.

18. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    careful about throwing around insults, JACKASS!

Obama DID NOT have total legislative control (no president ever does). And while the Dems controlled the House and had a ONE SEAT majority in the Senate, the Repbs FILIBUSTERED EVERY SINGLE BILL. So pay attention moron.
    The repbs in the Senate used the filibuster more times in the first 18 months Obama was President than in the past 97 years.

God what a complete idiot you are.

19. midlifebear

Gold Member

Cain has been secretly working behind the scenes to make being an Uncle Tom respectable in public again. The man's an asshole.

20. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

And, I'm sure he's a victim of racism just like Obama is. (according to some on this board)

Draft saved Draft deleted