hermaphrodite or long clitoris?

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is a girl born with a very long clitoral shaft, say >2" erect, medically termed a hermaphrodite?
Essentially a small "intact" penis.

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Why would you say she's a girl? Does she have a vagina?"
YES and seperate urethral opening.
I believe this is a gal with a very prominent clit.
My understanding of a hermaphrodite is a person with both male and female sex organs.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hermaphrodite is a relative term...

No, an enlarged clitoris does not make you one.

Rather, its the position and function of the urethra... If she pees thru it, then it will generally be termed a vestigial penis.

If not, its usually termed be a hypertrophied clit.

But the real defining issue is whether the person actually has Indeterminate or both sets of primary sex organs...
True Hermaphrodites usually have malformed or immature testes up inside the body...even though they externally appear as a girl... ( prone to going cancerous) or vestigial and malformed ovaries... or sometimes indication of both.

Occasionally a fully male child will have a dysfunction of testosterone production, which can result in a person with immaturely formed male genitalia, who nevertheless develops in other physical ways as a girl.

These people, who have small male genitals and breasts, and do not develop facial hair ...are what is usually meant by the term hermaphrodite...
though genetically they usually show up as boys, with an X and a Y.

Some unusual sexual development is caused by having 3 sex chromosomes... two X's and a Y or two Y's and an X.

Oddly... the Clit is actually formed very much like a tiny penis.. and the scrotal sack is made of the same tissue as a woman's inner labia... a bifurcated scrotal sac, with a very small penis can be visually indistinguishable from a vagina on a newborn...

The medical term is ambiguous genitalia... and it really can be a challenge to accurately assess the sex of some children born this way.

In the past 40 years... the medical community tended to perfomr an "assignment" of sexuality, based in part on how the doctors best thought to proceed... with the confident assumption that the proper hormones would "define" the person as a woman or a man.

However... long term studies have shown this idea to be deeply flawed...
Gender identity seems an elusive and multifaceted thing and the current advised course it to wait and see the gender the child tends to chose as they grow.

These kinds of cases are very strong evidence that primary sexuality is something determined at a very early age by factors unrelated to environment, upbringing and, even , hormonal influence.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Turkey has military conscription of males. Women may join the military, but aren't forced. Hermaphrodites are a different matter. A simple test is used. If they pee through the penis then they are considered male, and must join the military. If they pee through the vagina then they are considered female.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd like to see a measured pic - as I doubt many over 2 inches exist without hormone/steroid enhancement. The clitoris is actually about 5 inches long, but most is internal. The visible portion greatly ranges in size and an inch, maybe two, is not out of the ordinary.

No one pees through the vagina...
:biggrin1: Too true!

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is interesting, didn't know about the internal clitoris. I knew the clitoris is analogous to the male penis during fetal development. The 5 inches internal clit being equivalent to an average penile shaft, not particulatly sensitive, and the 1 or 2 inchs of external clit, very sensitive, being the equivalent of the male head. The clitoral hood being the equivalent of the male foreskin.

softbuttcheeks

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Turkey has military conscription of males. Women may join the military, but aren't forced. Hermaphrodites are a different matter. A simple test is used. If they pee through the penis then they are considered male, and must join the military. If they pee through the vagina then they are considered female.
LOL tell me this is a joking comment because I would love to see a woman pee through her vagina....:wink: