Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HamYai, Apr 15, 2008.

1. HamYai

HamYai New Member

Do they exist?

if so:

Are they of equal sex? (can they orgasm as both or only either/or male or female?).

Can they bear children and if so, is the gene passed on?

Provided you met one that was attractive to you, would you have sex with him/her/(them?).

If all you had to do was take a pill with no other side-effects, woud you be one? Even if only for a short trial period?

2. jakobshay68

jakobshay68 New Member

yes they do exist, I have a cousin who is
    no and yes some can orgasm as male with very little juice, and also have feelings in his female parts but not as strong as the small penis.
    I was told no he could not make children or have them as his parts are not complete to carry such child
    If I was attracted to them why not. Id give it a shot.
    NO, too much confusion...

3. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    yeah....they do exist, and they are sterile

4. dreamer20

Gold Member

Fixed that for you unabear.:wink:

Hermaphrodites

5. D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher

D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher Account Disabled

I did not think it was politically correct to use the word hermaphrodite anymore. Aren't we supposed to say inter-sexed?

6. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Whats up with the politically correct police? Some of us don't know any intersexed/hermaphrodites because we've never met any. We don't know what each person prefers to be referred to as. I, personally, i dont think the word has a bad reference. It's from the Greek God and Goddess names Hermes and Aphrodite combined. If it has a negative sound its because people have made it sound that way, not because the original meaning is a bad thing.

It's a phenomenon in nature that we know is something that occurs prior to fetal development so i dont see what the big deal is what we call it. I thought intersexed people arent always true physically born hermaphrodites anyway?

From the web research i've done not all of them prefer one term or another. Some women call themselves lesbians and not gay, some men say gay man and not just the word gay. Some gay people actually call themselves homosexuals. Gay was created to do away with the word homosexual and so some the word gay is offensive to them.

It's not like using the N word here, i don't see why we have to police every word on LPSG. The original poster had a very sincere and honest post full of questions, not intended to be offensive or rude in tone like many of the other posts i see around here. It's tense enough without the extra shadowing.

7. AquaEyes11010

AquaEyes11010 Active Member

Albums:
    I think the cause for saying that calling someone a hermaphrodite is not PC is the general use of a condition as identification for a person. For example, while most would feel comfortable saying "a gay guy" it sounds a little offensive to refer to a person as "a gay." It removes the "person" aspect and instead reduces the individual to being only one of a category. "Intersexed" is used as a descriptive term and needs a noun, which is usually one which refers to the "person." But, that's just me trying to throw something in the pot.
    :)

8. snoozan

Gold Member

there are a lot of variations of people who are intersexed. Wiki has a decent article.

Intersexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

some conditions considered "intersex" are very minor. hypospadias is one that comes to mind for me-- it's a genetic male with a (usually) function penis and testes who has male secondary sexual characteristics and is usually fertile. it's considered intersexed because the genitalia can be somewhat ambiguous (especially in severe cases) because the opening of the urinary tract it on the head or the shaft of the penis rather than at the tip. this is thought to be caused by estrogen and to be more consistent with female genital development. my husband has this condition and he doesn't consider himself intersexed (nor do i, really) and the only way it effects our sex life is that he can't shoot jizz 9 feet in the air. we have a normal sex life and we have a naturally conceived biological child.

on the other hand, some other conditions are very serious and have a profound effect on psychology and physiology, and that's what we normally thing of as intersexuality or hermaphrodism. jeffery eugenides wrote a book called middlesex whose main character is intersexed. it's an interesting read.

Draft saved Draft deleted